Chapter 12.

To say I was in shock would have been an incredulous understatement.

Rooted to the spot, I gazed longingly at the end of my street with a huge goofy smile on my face, even though his car was no longer in sight. He kissed me - granted it only lasted for a second but it still counted. Noah kissed me! With this revelation my grin only got wider until I was literally beaming and dancing on the spot.

It felt like forever, but I must have only been there for a few minutes before reality finally caught up with me and I came crashing down from my short lived euphoria.

You know that feeling you get when someone is watching you?

That uneasy, extremely uncomfortable sensation that makes the tiny hairs on the back of your neck stand up and a shiver quakes down your spine with suspense. I had that. I wanted to turn around; I knew someone was there, but I was frozen. Slow, deliberate footsteps advanced toward me, each step getting louder and closer, filling me with apprehension as they approached when suddenly, they stopped - right behind me.

The rich enticing scent of a familiar expensive aftershave surrounded me, making me subconsciously inhale deeply and lean closer to the heat that resonated from the source behind me.

Until the realisation of who it was washed over me like a bucket of ice cold water.

"What are you doing?" his smooth tantalizing voice questioned low into my ear, his breath warm against the nape of my neck.

"AH!" I shrieked as I spun around to face the gorgeous devil himself.

As always, he looked incredible; his dark copper hair chaotic yet elegant over his profound bronze eyes, his broad shoulders and rippling muscles straining against his dark suit and tight black shirt rebelliously as his long legs modelled dark trousers. He cocked an eyebrow slightly as he slid his hands into his pockets.

"Well?"

My mouth suddenly went dry and blood surged to my cheeks. Oh god. He must have seen me dancing in the street like a maniac. I couldn't tell him the truth, it would be really embarrassing. I frowned as I realised I had no idea why he was here. I suddenly remembered about the day before. The hospital, our argument and then...is that why he was here?

Laughing awkwardly to fill the silence, I quickly tried to think up a reasonable explanation as he waited keenly for an explanation. Think, think, think-

"I won on a scratch card." I blurted sheepishly.

Zach stared at me, bewilderment gracing his features for a moment before he narrowed his gaze. "You won on a scratch card?" he repeated, his tone cynical.

That was the best I could come up with?

I mentally slapped myself for such a pitiful excuse.

"Yup. Now if you'll excuse me-" I started, attempting to move past him but his large frame quickly blocked my path. Frowning, I looked up to see him smirking at me.

"Then surely, the money from the scratch card is mine, since you still haven't paid off your debt." he explained smugly.

"You have got to be joking." I grumbled, glaring at him as he towered over me victoriously.

"I assure you, I'm not." he retorted as he held out his arm expectantly. "Hand it over."

I scowled before sighing loudly in defeat. "I don't have it."

"Why not?" he demanded, causing me to again, struggle to rack my brain for a means to get me out of my quandary.

"It blew away."

"Of course it did." he answered dryly.

"Like I said, it blew away." I told him simply. "Are we done?"

"No." he replied, stepping closer. "If you have the energy to jump up and down dancing because you won a scratch card, I'm sure you can handle coming back to work on Monday."

I furrowed my brows and decided to test my ankle. Shifting my weight on to my other foot, I almost rejoiced when it only hurt slightly but then groaned when I realised I had to go back to working for the devil.

"Fine." I muttered reluctantly. "Can I go now?"

"Yeah." he responded, his eyes following me as I began to walk towards my house. "Actually-"

I stopped and spun around, waiting for him to finish.

He ran his hand through his thick dark hair in frustration, making me crave to do the same as I had done the night before. Watching as he cleared his throat, I couldn't help but admire his angular features and the way he pressed his full lips together when he was in thought. The sensation of his mouth against mine suddenly surged into my mind and a blush heated my cheeks. I was still trying get the images out of my head when he let out a deep sigh. Finally, he spoke.

"Remember to bring sensible footwear on Monday, we don't need another accident." he reminded me curtly.

Something told me that was not what he planned to say, but I nodded and began to make my way to my house.

"Lou."

I turned to see Zach mere centimetres away, his deep obsidian eyes scorching my own. From this angle, I could see that he had a faint scar running down his right cheek down to his jaw line and I wondered what could have caused it as he stared at me. My eyes dropped to his mouth and his jaw clenched as I reached up to touch his scar, but just as fast I let my hand fall to my side. I was entranced, my heart drummed against my ribcage as he began edging closer, nearer and nearer still until his lips were brushing gently against mine as he spoke.

"Forget about what happened at the hospital. It won't be happening again." he told me abruptly, his tone void of any emotion as he stepped away and strode over to his car before climbing inside, leaving me on my doorstep again.

But I wouldn't cry like last time.

__________________________________________________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Really really sorry it's so short! It's also unedited.

I'm suffering from extreme writers block, hopefully it will be gone soon.

Hope you enjoyed it!

I love reading comments and constructive criticism is welcome. I will try to reply to them all so if you liked it, why not comment?

Or for all you amazing generous people, you can vote too!

Thanks a ton for reading!

Sweets xxx