𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚏𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝚃𝙾𝙾 𝚂𝙾𝙵𝚃 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚆𝙴𝙰𝙺

The next day, Rick and Shane had returned and brought Randall back with them. They told the group about a group of walkers they ran into so they couldn't leave him. Daryl approached the group and told them about Randall's gang and how they were not people to be messed with. Rick decided they had to kill Randall and Dale followed after him to convince him not to. Faith approached her brother whose face was covered in scars and bruises.

"Are you okay?" She signed to her brother.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Faith." Shane said. "This Randall guy, he's trouble. We have to kill him. Can't risk him hurting the group, hurting you."

"You do whatever you need to but please be careful. You had a close call yesterday. I can't lose you." Faith signed. She didn't know what would happen to her if she lost her brother.

"Nothing will happen to me, Faith. I'll be fine." Shane assured her, making her nod and hug her brother.

----------

At the end of the day, the group gathered in the house to discuss whether or not they should keep Randall alive. Dale went around trying to convince everyone to keep him alive. Faith didn't really know what to do.

"Let's see where everybody stands and then we can talk through the options." Rick said.

"Well, the way I see it, there's only one way to move forward." Shane said.

"Killing him? Right?" Dale asked in disgust. He continued to argue with the group for Randall to live but they weren't having it. They all wanted him dead. It was in that moment that Faith was glad she couldn't talk. She had no idea what to do so she decided to just stay quiet and listen to the conversation. As everyone talked, she noticed Daryl's hand was cut up and covered in blood. She figured she'd have to clean his hand up a little before it got infected.

Once the group had decided they were going to kill Randall, Dale left the house. He didn't want any part of it. Faith felt bad for Dale. He was obviously upset but no-one wanted Randall alive. There was nothing else anyone could do. When the meeting was over, Faith went over to Daryl and led him to her tent.

"What are you doing?" Daryl asked. Faith pulled out a tube of ointment and pointed at his hand, making him look down at it. "Oh, it's alright. I'll patch it up later."

Faith shook her head and motioned for Daryl to sit down so he did. Faith sat down next to him and pulled off the cap of the tube, squeezing some ointment onto her fingers before grabbing Daryl's hand. Daryl felt his hand tingle as soon as Faith grabbed a hold of it, just like that day in the tent when she touched his knee. He didn't know what that feeling was or what it meant but he liked it. Her hand was warm and soft and gentle. He didn't want her to let go. Faith liked holding onto Daryl's hand too. It felt natural, like this was the hand she was supposed to hold onto for the rest of her life. It was a foreign feeling but she enjoyed it.

Daryl hissed in pain a little when Faith began applying the ointment onto his hand, making her look up and sign "sorry" to him. Daryl shook his head. "Nah, it's fine." He said. Faith nodded and went back to tending to his hand. Daryl couldn't keep his eyes off her. He knew she was pretty but in that moment, he found her beautiful. He didn't know what it was. Was it the fact that she was caring for him, looking after him? What was it about Faith that was making Daryl look at her in this new light?

He had so many questions circulating in his mind that he didn't even realise Faith had already cleaned and bandaged his hand up. It was only when Faith let go of his hand that he snapped out of his trance and looked at his bandaged hand. He noticed a little smiley face drawn on the bandage, making him smile a little.

"Thanks." Daryl said to her. Faith smiled warmly and pulled her notepad out, writing another note which she showed Daryl.

"Don't go beating people up until it gets better." Daryl read. He chuckled and shook his head. "I won't. I'll take extra good care of it." He said, making Faith smile. Daryl felt himself melting for Faith's smile. What was going on with him? Maybe he was getting too soft. Maybe he was getting weak. He couldn't have that so he quickly stood back up. "I....umm....I'm gonna go and check on everyone. They're probably on their way to kill Randall."

Faith nodded and watched as Daryl quickly left. That was weird. He was fine one minute and the next, he had totally switched off. Faith figured it wasn't much of a big deal and just shrugged it off.

 Faith figured it wasn't much of a big deal and just shrugged it off