For Lambo, it was a different story. He failed the college entrance exam for three consecutive years. He knows that studying was not his thing, but he still gives his best for the exam because he does not want to disappoint everyone in the famiglia including I-pin, but no matter what he does, it was a failure. He also tried doing a part-time job for a change, but he also failed at it.

'I guess I was different from I-pin. I can't successfully blend in the ordinary world. The mafia world would have been better for me,' Lambo sadly thought as he finishes his coffee alone.

'Tsuna said we can aim for a different life, and I want to walk at the same path as her, but... I'm afraid that I will only drag her down...'

'Should I give up?' he asked himself, 'But she never gave up on me...'

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Lambo!" I-pin called out as she increased her running speed to successfully catch him.

Lambo freaked out and also increased his speed, running faster and more away from her and everyone. More tears fell from his eyes. He can't hide his feeling of uselessness and failure. He does not want to spoil the celebration everyone prepared by saying that he did not pass the exams.

Before he could realize it, I-pin finally caught his collar and pulled him back to stop him from running.

"Gahh!" Lambo lost his balance from the pull.

"Ah! I'm sorry Lambo," I-pin immediately approached him, wiping the tears and dirt from him.

"I should be the one sorry," he insisted, shedding more tears, and before I-pin could speak, he keeps on whining loudly.

I-pin was left with no choice, but to slap him to make his return to his senses.

"Look at me!" I-pin said, clutching his head to focus on her direction.

Lambo kept quiet but loudly sniffed his nose while waiting for his girl to speak.

"Don't run away, ok? Failing is normal. Let's go back and celebrate your hard work," I-pin pulled him up to stand.

"But-"

"No more buts," she said, giving him a strong pat on the back.

When they returned to the Sawada residence, everyone hugged Lambo and congratulated him for his hard work. Because of that, it pushed Lambo more into accomplishing more.

"I-pin!" upon seeing her girlfriend walked out of the campus he instantly hugged her in excitement.

"I got a part-time job!" he happily shared his achievement.

"Then let's go celebrate," I-pin grabbed his hand and dragged him to the nearest and affordable restaurant they can find.

°~°~°~°~°~°

Their anniversary came, and as a prize for his hard work on his job, Lambo bought I-pin a special gift. He excitedly waited for her outside her campus, but his excitement vanished when he spotted I-pin along with a guy walking on their way to the campus gate.

He felt bitter, but he did not instantly jump to conclusions.

'They're just friends, but this guy keeps looking at her with those lovey-dovey eyes. It makes me want to pluck them out,' he devilishly thought.

"Lambo!" I-pin called out his name, instantly running to him as she spotted him. She immediately gave him a tight hug.

"Oh... You have a boyfriend?" the boy bitterly said, observing Lambo from head to toe.

'Yeah... I'm her boyfriend," Lambo said, holding her hand tightly, and he suddenly added, "And I'm more handsome than you."

The guy felt annoyed, and I-pin hid her giggle. It was her first time to see Lambo jealous.

"See you tomorrow, I-pin," the guy said, but before he could go he whispered in Lambo's ear, "At least, I am not some guy cheating his way up in life, so worthless and pathetic."

Lambo glared back at him as he walks away.

"Lambo, quit on glaring. Don't worry. I won't exchange you from him. He thinks too highly of himself, and it is so annoying and tiring," I-pin said, and they both laughed.

Lambo hugged her, "Happy Anniversary!"

I-pin hugged him back, "Happy Anniversary!"

°~°~°~°~°~°

'And years passed... I'm still this... Maybe that guy was right... Soon, I will only be a burden on I-pin's life...' Lambo thought as he walked out of the café.

He took out his phone and dialed a number from Italy. He does not know if his decision is right, but he does not want to use I-pin. He can visualize that in the future he will only be carried around, and he can't do anything for I-pin.

'She deserved someone better...'

"Hello Clarah, I want to go back to Italy tonight..." he said.

"Why?" Clarah asked on the other side of the line.

"I will only burden her with my failures... I guess college is not really for me..."

"I told you so... Here with me, the mafia is better for you..."

"Bye," he instantly ended the call to avoid never-ending self-praise.

"Goodbye too, I-pin. Please be happy."

°~°~°~°~°~°

Thanks for reading! ╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

( ˘▽˘)っ♨

- rené

#BringKHRBack #BringKatekyoHitmanRebornBack #khraprilangst2021