Shattered

"Crayola have you seen Taylor..?" Matt asked approaching the young skeleton.

   Crayola blinked. "No. I haven't seen him all day. Why?"

   "He wasn't around when I woke up... Have you seen Mattie?" Matt asked.

   "Nope. He might be on a mission. " Crayola shrugged lightly. "I dunno."

   "That's strange." Matt hummed turning away. "Don't go anywhere alright?" He went to head away.

   Something was bothering Matt but he couldn't figure out what. "Hey Mum... do you know where Taylor is..?" He asked softly.

   She looked up. "Matthieu..? Now I haven't heard from him all day. You can't find him?"

   "No... Mum am I just being clingy or.. is there something to actually worry about.." Matthieu shifted on his feet. He would usually float but he needed he grounding right now.

   "Matthieu darling. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about." She gave a quiet smile.

   "Alright. Thanks mum." Matt still couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. He paced around the castle halls and sighed. No Taylor. No Mattie either.

   He pushed open a door and froze in the doorway.

   Marine nuzzled farther into Taylors chest and sighed. "I love you Tay Tay."

   "I love you too." Taylor murmured kissing her head.

   Matthieu gripped the door frame as his eyes widened. "Taylor..?"

   Taylor looked over with an almost blank stare. "What..."

   Marie also looked over. "Hello Not Royal."

   "What's going on here?" Matthieu kept his voice from wavering.

   "Tay Tay decided to get back with me. We were engaged before what happened so we did some talking!" She grinned.

   "Is that so..?" Bitterness crept into Matthieu's voice. "Can I speak to Taylor?"

   Taylor glanced down at Marine. Marine gave a small nod. "Alright."

   Matthieu headed out frowning lightly. He stepped aside and let Taylor in the room. The door shut behind them.

   "Taylor what the hell?" Matthieu narrowed his eyes. This was insane. He just told her no yesterday!

   "What do you mean?" He raised a brow and crossed his arms.

   "How could you do that?" Matt gestured backward behind him.

   "Do what?"

   "Hold her like that! Say you love her! Tell me this is some kind of cruel joke! I didn't even know you had been engaged before yesterday!" Matthieu felt his voice crack.

   "Why are you freaking out about this?"  Taylor huffed.

   "Why am I–" Matt blinked. "Taylor! What is wrong with you!?"

   "What is wrong with you!?" Taylor snapped back.

   "Is everything okay in here...?" Marine poked her head in.

   Matthieu narrowed his eyes. "I get it. You only stayed with me because I look like her. Is that right? Same hair color and similar eye color. That's the best I'll get. Is that how you felt?" He spat bitterness and anger in his voice.

   Taylor was silent as he stared past Matthieu at Marine.

   Matthieu snarled. "Move. " He pushed past Marine and hurried down the hall. His steps echoed behind him. His feet were on fire but he needed this grounding. He needed it...

   He turned the corner and ducked into a room. A supply closet. He sank down with his back against the door. "He loves her."

   Matt's voice cracked and his vision blurred. "He loves her..." He buried his face in his hands. Tears dripped onto the material of his gloves. His shoulders shook.

   He sobbed finally and curled in on himself more. He longed for someone... But nobody came...