They moved past the topic a couple minutes ago as they cooked their lunch: A simple noodle soup with what they could find in the fridge. The tall brown haired was in charge of handing the opposite the ingredients and not let him burn the water.

"You know, you could have me some more faith'' The younger joked.

"Nuh huh, you said it with your own words that you need more packets, and you survive with ramen packets'' The boy with braces raised an eyebrow, clearly doubting his friend's words.

"Yah, I was just joking, I can do more than that!''

"Try making bibimbap from scratch or donkatsu, and I'll probably let you be right for once'' He spoke with a deep voice and serious tone, almost scaring the shorter boy with the way he suddenly changed his attitude. Seonghwa couldn't help but giggle, the boy hadn't even realized his joke would get the younger so flustered.

"With the way you treat me, I might just give up and let you cook everything for me'' Hongjoong said with the same energy, rolling his eyes.

And to Seonghwa, that shouldn't have made him let out a sudden giggle as he felt his cheeks redden. "Cute'' He thought, even when it wasn't exactly cute if he was being honest, it was more than that probably, maybe something more like...

"Park Seonghwa, what else do I do?'' Hongjoong asked, this time normally and back to his usual tone as he looked at the pot. He grabbed a wooden spoon and gently blew once the liquid was on it, surprising the opposite when the spoon made his way into his lips. "If anything goes wrong, I want you to suffer the consequences for letting me try cooking'' It clearly was a joke, a joke that got Seonghwa smiling as he kept the eye contact when sipping on the now not that hot liquid.

He kept his mouth closed but his eyes wide open after tasting it.

"That does not give me any hint...''

"Yah! Kim Hongjoong, you can officially live on your own now!'' The brown haired raised his arms in celebration as Hongjoong's smile grew wider while he finally laughed, tilting his head backwards and his whole body almost vibrating with the sound of both their laughs.

And while they knew they probably look ridiculous celebrating the way a 17-year-old boy cooked a normal chicken & noddles soup, they still kept going until lunch was served properly in bowls, and they were finally eating peacefully, talking about what they could later do as both had the rest of the afternoon free.

Just like that, it got them to now, almost an hour and a half later after eating and in Hongjoong's bed, the younger at the end of the bed, almost on the floor as he was distracting himself painting some of his sneakers because he got bored at the design, while the opposite looked at the ceiling, playing with a small plush ball the black haired kept in his bed.

"...and she never told me about Santa Claus...'' The boy in braces mentioned. "So I just assumed the present appeared magically every Christmas for a reason because she still denied that she was the one who bought them and everyone in movies kept talking about the magic of Christmas'' The poor innocence of younger Seonghwa made them laugh.

"My mom never wanted me to believe in him in the first place, she said it discredited God's work for bringing his son to die in the world'' Hongjoong confessed, not complaining, but just explaining his knowledge from a young age that his parents were the ones doing the work.

"I mean...at least she had a valid reason'' The taller shrugged. "As an only child, I want to think you must've been pretty happy getting spoiled?''

Hongjoong chuckled.

"Well...yeah, I was the main focus, but every time I'd get a gift they would remind me to never get too greedy or to stop doing things that make me get myself my own gifts because not doing so would be considered being sloth'' He explained calmly, and while he was grateful his parents taught him how to be humble and respectful and to never stop doing his best in everything, he just thought it was funny because he was just a kid barely learning how to take his snot out of his nose and his parents were already talking about being greedy.