11

Jay was stood around in his room, waiting for 10 minutes to pass. He couldn't wait. And to be honest, he was beginning to become impatient. Jay wanted Cole and he knew that Cole wanted him too so what must be so important for Cole to want that to wait? Whatever it was, Jay was both excited and nervous.

He wandered over to his chest of drawers where he had all the pictures of him and Cole up on a canvas above it. The photos were all so cute and he hadn't realised it until now. They'd taken so many together. Cole looked so in love with him and... Jay had been so ignorant. Now he knew for sure about his true feelings towards Cole and couldn't wait to officially start their relationship. That's if Cole finally finished doing whatever he was doing.

Speaking of which, Jay's phone vibrated, catching his attention. He took it out of his pocket and checked the screen. It was a text from Cole saying to head outside. 

Finally!

Jay smiled, threw his phone at his bed and sprinted down the corridor and towards the deck of the Bounty. He swung open the doors to see Cole sat in the middle of what would usually be the training area. It was dark outside, almost 9pm. It had a nice feel to it. There were fairy lights lit up around the training area and Cole was sat on a chair at a keyboard with a smile on his face.

Jay smiled, "What are you doing?"

"Sit down," He told him.

Jay raised an eyebrow and sat down on a chair that Cole had set up. He smiled again as he sat down.

"I'm gonna sing for you," Cole replied, "Your favourite song."

"What?" Jay exclaimed happily, "Really?"

Cole nodded with a grin.

"Wait..." Jay narrowed his eyes, "You can't sing though...."

"Well... let's just say I have a secret talent," Cole smiled, "I wanted to do this the day after I told you about my crush but then I found you kissing Nya so..."

"Oh... well..." Jay replied awkwardly.

"But anyways," Cole took a deep breath.

They both went quiet for a moment. Cole hovered his hands over the first notes on the keyboard. 

Jay was so excited. He couldn't believe Cole was doing this for him. It was so... romantic.

"You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen," Cole began to sing, his fingers pressing down the keys.

Jay froze for a moment, his mouth slightly agape.

"You took me back in time to when I was unbroken," Cole glanced down at the keyboard, "Now you're all I want and I knew it from the very first moment."

He couldn't believe it. Cole's voice was so... soothing. It was beautiful. But if his voice was really like this, why had he hid it all this time? Wouldn't he want to have shown it off?

"'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again," Cole smiled, "I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me. Like it was a private show, I know you never saw me. When the lights come on and I'm on my own, will you be there to sing it again?" 

Jay was completely... shocked. He didn't expect Cole's voice to be so incredible. Nor did he ever think Cole would do this for him. He must've been insecure about his voice and for him to sing to Jay, especially one of his favourite songs, was... insane. It really made him feel special.

"Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?" Cole glanced up at Jay briefly, "Can I be him?"

When he looked up at him, looking him in the eyes, the smile on his face, the sparkle in his eyes... it made Jay's heart skip a beat. This guy was really right in front of him? He couldn't believe how lucky he was.