Chapter 16 - Preparation

The cold embrace of moonlight engulfed the open room, with the curtains open, letting the freezing winds enter the room. This breeze barrelling upon a man, who lay on a bed, asleep as he wore his standard-issue demon slayer uniform with his black and green chequered Haori still on him. His nails were elongated and sharp. On his ears, he wore beautiful Hanafuda Earrings illustrating the sun itself. His body resembles that of an 18-year-old male with his burgundy red hair down to his neck in a ponytail. This man was Kamado Tanjirou. A human child turned into an adult demon.

This man was not alone in the room, however. There was a woman, with brown hair bereted tied together in a knot, her kind brown eyes looking happily at the man in front of her. Her uniform was similar to Tanjirou only difference was her wearing a brown skirt and boots that reached up to her shin, of a similar colour. The Kamado had trousers going down to and covering over his feet, being held in place with a pair of pure white sandals. Yui looked at Tanjiro's peaceful face as he slept. As unprecedented as this was she couldn't help but notice how peaceful he looked. He looked truly happy. At peace.

'I hate to do this but, duty calls,' Yui thought sadly in her mind as she reached for Tanjirou's chest as started to gently shake him in an attempt to wake him up. Immediately causing the Kamado to groan a little as he sat up instantly as he scanned his surroundings, worry evident in his face and more specifically in his eyes. His fears were quenched when he saw Yui, calming down immediately upon seeing her and her large smile.

"Sleep well?" she asked happily gaining a very large smile from Tanjirou. As he then sat up to the edge of the bed as he looked to the open window as saw a crow perched outside a far distance away.

"I did... It... was amazing. I feel so, light. So free. Just happy." he said as he looked toward Yui with a smile still plastered on his face. "But by your scent just before you woke me up I am assuming I am needed somewhere?" he asked as he's lost a little of the spark they just had along with his smile dropping ever so slightly. Yui scratched the back of her head and nodded in response whilst chuckling nervously.

"Yeah... You just looked so peaceful I didn't want to take that away from you but Oyakata-sama has requested for the both of us," she said with a smaller smile and quieter tone. Tanjirou responded in an 'mhm' as he got up as the breeze flowed into the room making his haori and earrings glide like the wind behind him along with his small ponytail. He turned to the bed making it quickly and then grabbed his katana that had been under his bed as he bent down to grab it as placed it on his hip.

"Ah, much better. I feel a lot more secure with this by my side and of course my wonderful apprentice." Tanjirou said in a comical tone as he sighed immediately after resulting in Yui chuckling as she also got up as both Slayers went to the door and left the room making a short journey to the garden that hosted the Hashira meeting.

The walk toward the location of their meeting was uneventful. The two just enjoyed each other's company through a calm and content silence between the two. This being briefly broken through the occasional question such as "Are you back up to full health?" or something along those lines. Although Yui, as concerned as she was by the fact that Tanjiro. A demon. Had slept. His red silted eyes were filled with such light she hadn't seen before. But for a demon to sleep as if he was like a regular human, was something she had never heard of and bet that many within the corp were the same. She then decided to drop the subject for now because speculating on no information wasn't going to get her anywhere. She just walked with a small smile on her face to their destination.

By the time they had arrived at the garden, the moon was in the middle of the sky. Shining its intimidating yet beautiful luna light upon the white gravel ground. Once they entered the main area they saw a woman standing as if waiting for them. Yui looked to Tanjirou only to see him bow before her, at the same time, seeing this Yui did the same and waited for the interaction to begin. The only question running through her head was who this woman was.