Prologue - Chapter 2 - Hidden Transparency

Tanjiro looked at the moon to see how long he had to last. The moon had just risen. Muzan wasn't taking any chances with this encounter. Musing and coming to terms with his imminent demise, he focused his full attention on the man in front of him. The enemy.

The lord of all demons dragged his legs through the snow, slowly but gradually, closing the distance between the 2 fated rivals. Seconds felt like hours and Tanjiro was sitting by the entrance of his home, tracking the demon's every movement. Tanjiro's attire, much like a member of the slayer corp, was in the regular corp uniform and his checkered green and black haori. His hanafuda earrings, swaying in the cold winter wind. His mark on his forehead grew to his eye. Much like Yoriichi.

Nothing

Until he got within the area around the house that was clear of trees. Only then did Tanjiro ascend to meet his fate. To fight for the survival of his family. To protect the world from the root of evil, as impossible as it was. Their eyes locked. Staring at each other. The cat-like slits of Muzan's eyes clashing with the fiery red of Tanjiro.

"So you sent them away. You expect to last long enough for me not to be able to catch them." The demon stated, breaking into hysterical laughter. His tendrils coming out of the demon's back as he continues his insidious laughs.

"I do. After all, why would you be here, if it weren't for Yoriichi making you feel fear? Fear of the power a slayer would have if they harnessed the power of the sun." Tanjiro calmly replied. Gripping his katana viciously, veins bulging out every limb of his body.

"Human's are imperfect creatures. Even if one were to do that, I'd only have to wait a century for them to die. Just like that man." Muzan growled.

"Yoriichi will have a successor one day, maybe not for a few generations but he will have one. Only then will you be reminded of how human you are." Tanjirou commented coldly. His eyes hardened, emotionless, as he continued. "I might not finish what he started, but I will be damned if I do not protect those close to me. For that is the power of humanity, is their bonds. To have something to fight for brings the most out of a warrior, only when you have something to fight for can you become truly strong." He exclaimed. Vanishing from his position, sun-like fire erupted around the demon, slicing the tendrils of the demon to dust.

"So you have that man's legacy, a shame that it will die with you." He said. As his tendrils reformed within moments. All pointing towards the Kamado. His glare was enough to kill even the most heroic spirits. "And after I'm finished eviscerating you. I will murder your family, their deaths will be long and extremely painful. I might even turn one of you and make you eat your kin." Muzan chuckling at the last part.

"I guess I'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen." He calmly responded.

'Breath of the Sun, Thirteenth form'.

Tanjiro, again, began to erupt into solar flame, striking Muzan at his tendrils, all the way to his actual body. Cuts and gashes litter the body of the demon king. However, as immediately effective as it seemed, all of the injuries healed themselves within seconds. As this happened Muzan rushed at Tanjiro, his tendrils pressing the Kamado at every movement, as began inching closer, and closer towards him.

'Breath of the Sun, Fourth form, Fake Rainbow'

'Breath of the Sun, First form, Flash Dance'.

Tanjiro moved like the wind, creating images of himself as he sped through the tendrils at near supersonic speeds towards his opponent. His blade collides with Muzan's neck, the blade passing the neck as Tanjiro prepares for the real attack. The blade is close to the face of its wielder.

'Breath of the Sun, Seventh Form, Sunflower Thrust'

He cuts, swift and precise. Entering the body of the demon, destroying all but 1 heart. With the flame emanating of the sword burning the demon king considerably, hissing in pain, as a result, retreating briefly for wounds to heal. Not healing as most of his would, instead of healing without a mark, his body created scars. Muzan's rage was immeasurable, the aura around him screamed of death and his eye's glare somehow became more deadly. Until he notices his opponent. Cuts around his body. His haori was torn to pieces. His breathing laboured. His frown turned to a smug smirk.

"Only when you have something to fight for will you become truly strong." He said mockingly. "You forget your place boy. You are a mere child. Your limits are much lower than a lot of slayers I've faced in the past." His smirk turned to a smile, believing that his fight was over. Little did he know that Tanjiro had one last trick. Speaking of Tanjiro, he was still calm, despite the apparent disadvantage he was in. Looking towards the sky, seeing that the moon hadn't moved as much as he had hoped. He still had another 30 minutes for him to be positive that his family would be safe. He knew that the Hashira would come to their aid. Muzan was their ultimate objective after all.

"I believe I haven't. I know that I'm going to die. But at least I'll make you bleed for my death." He told the demon king. Emotionless, but ready.

Veins began to bulge further than had done beforehand, his eyes becoming lifeless. His muscles tensing to their utmost limit. His mark spread across to surround his right eye. "Because I'm not done yet".

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How'd you like the fight so far?
Be aware tho that this is my time writing a fight scene so, yeah.
Nevertheless I hoped you enjoyed 👋