2. Alien slam

His eyes scanned me from top to bottom.

"Human giant, I came here to ask you about your deepest desires you keep hidden...now TELL ME WHAT IT IS!"

I blinked several times. Is he for real?

"I command you, what is your plan!"

"My plan?" I looked confused, "Depends on which one you mean?"

The green boy looks triumphant, "I knew it! You and your little 'minions 'cannot stop the mighty Zim!"

"...you know...I am standing before you, no need to shout. Fine then, I will give you my latest plan."

Zim widened his eyes with excitement, waiting for me to speak.

"It is a dangerous one, that could get someone hurt"

"Uh, I like it already"

"It is called..." I leaned closer to the green boy, "...alien slam."

"Alien slam? Is this a technological thing from you humans?"

I nodded amused, "It's a common thing, let me show you."

I gave Dib my hand, which he smacked with his, then I made a wave-move with my arms and...

SLAM!

...the other hand closed the door on Zim.

We could hear him scream outside. Dib was just too curious to see, impressed how far this alien flew backwards from the impact with the door. Zim was not happy, "How dare you hurt me!!!!!!"

"I told you someone will get hurt...I didn't say who will."

"This isn't over!"

He left in a hurry, while Dib and I giggled at our success. For tonight, we enjoyed our reunion with pizza, coke, and some gore movie. As expected, Professor Membrane came home late. I already got the kids to bed, as he sat in the kitchen, offering me a cup of coffee, "Welcome back Y/N, how did it go today?"

"Same as always...like I never left."

"Indeed, sorry I cannot stay any longer, I have to get back to my experiment."

This was normal for him to be here on a break, but I asked anyway, "You just got here"

"Science never sleeps"

"Whatever you say. Professor, does Dib finally found a friend?"

He turned around towards me, interested by my question, "You mean the bean boy with the green skin?"

"That's the one"

"I guess so, I mean he mentioned him often. Isn't that what friends do?"

I shrugged, "How would I know? But it might be a chance for Dib to find someone that is interested in supernatural stuff."

"I thought you are his sidekick for this matter"

I sighted, remembering how I played along with this because of Dib being cute and innocent in the past. Now he is annoying and unbearable, "I'll pass. I will let his new friend take over that task."

The professor grabbed my shoulder lightly, telling me how proud he is to have me here for the children. Without further ado, he was out the door and driving back to the lab. I breathed out frustrated, knowing that this will be my life for a year. Not to feel all depressed by that thought, I climbed up to the roof and looked towards the sky. The moment I saw all the stars, my mind wanders to all sorts of questions. How far the galaxy is and if there are anything in outer space.

Elsewhere, a little robot played with his monkey plushie.

While Zim was walking in circles in the living room. He couldn't find a single idea on what to do to find out about my plans. With Dib nearby it was twice as difficult for him. It frustrated him, that he couldn't do nothing but to scream out in frustration. Gir watched him before joining him screaming. His mind kept on thinking even in school. The next day, his eyes darkened towards Dib. He gave them right back, making it a competition. Gaz only growled at their stupidity and Ms. Bitters doesn't give a damn.

For me it was nothing special when they were out the house. My duty was to keep the house clean and to take care of the kids. I don't know how long my yawn was once I finished my work. The only got thing was that the professor allowed me to drive his car. Since the weather was about to change today, it would be the perfect opportunity to give it a test drive.

Zim shuddered at the sound of the rain hitting the windows.

From a cloudy morning to a rainy afternoon. Thunder and wind made it a whole lot worse. The green bean didn't want to leave the classroom anymore. Dib enjoyed his fear and teased him, "What's the matter Zim, can't handle the rain?"

"Leave me alone Dib human"

"And what if I don't?"

Ms. Bitters growled deeply, gaining their attention, "Then you shall get detention and clean the classroom after school." In this case, in ten minutes. At least she got them to stop pestering each other for now.

However, it continued outside...

By Dib pushing Zim into the nearest puddle. Too bad for him, I saw it and got furious. No matter how rude this boy was, Dib has no right to bully him.

"Hey Dib, come here now!"

Glad to see me, he faced a drenched Zim on the ground, "Have fun getting home"

The closer he got, the more he realized my angered face, "Get in the car." Gaz already sat inside. While his brother got in, I shouted over to the bean boy, "Hey, want a ride home?"

"How could you offer this alien a ride?!"

"Since you became a bully!"

"I am not a bully, he is the alien, he is the enemy!"

My eye twitched, "And you are in big trouble when you don't close this mouth of yours...understood?!"

...

Gaz looked at her brother getting all silent, "...that's more like it."

"Indeed...hey green boy, you are coming or not?!"

He stood there under a tree, stubborn to make a single move in my direction.

"Ok if you don't want to!"

Zim knew how far his home was, as well as the speed of the wind increased. He panicked as the car began to move, "Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Surprised, I opened the door for him to jump in. That he was smoking was kind of odd, but I was not in the mood to question it. Instead, I took off my pullover and gave it to Zim. His eyes looked confused at the fabric.

"I know, I know, its not so soft and comfy but at least it keeps warm."