Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

“Where are you?”

“Still in the woods walking towards the cars”

“I’m on my way, is it safe there, has the hunter been taken care of?”

“Judging by the screams I’m hearing Gran’s wolf has found him and is taking care of him”

“Shit,” AJ cursed.

Cole looked down at his unconscious mate in his arms before looking at his grandfather’s lifeless body.

“It happened so fast AJ, it could have been any one of us that the hunter could have shot and killed, why grandpa, how many pack members have ran past the area in the last half hour and he chooses to shoot granddad”

“I will be there shortly” AJ said “Stay safe Cole”

It didn’t take long for AJ to arrive

Cole looked over at his brother and noticed his teary face mirrored his own, they weren’t as close to their grandad as they were to their grandmother but they still loved him and would miss him dearly.

“Where is she?” AJ asked.

Cole shrugged his shoulders forgetting for a second that he still held his unconscious mate in his arms. “I don’t know, the scream stopped about five minutes ago, her wolf is in full control AJ.”

AJ bent down and pick his grandfather in his arms. “Come on, let’s get back to the pack house and tell dad”

Cole took a deep breath and started following his brother through the woods it took them a couple of hours to reach the car by foot. Every now and then Cole and AJ would hear growls that sounded like their grandma followed by a man’s torturous screams. It was obvious their gran was protecting AJ and Cole and making sure, they got out of the woods safely.

As soon as they reached their cars, Cole laid his mate down on the back seat of his car while AJ did the same with their grandad.

They had both closed their car doors and looked at each other “Are you ready for this?” AJ asked Cole “Dad is going to be crushed”

Cole nodded his head and opened his mouth to answer when a voice behind him stopped him.

“Where is Lucy and Hayden?” Luke asked walking up behind Cole out of the woods,

Cole looked at AJ before looking back at Luke “Grandad was shot by a hunter in the woods,” he paused and swallowed “He didn’t make it,” He said softly.

Luke frowned at Cole “What do you mean he didn’t make it?”

“He’s dead” AJ said

Luke’s eyes widened in shock “Where’s Lucy?”

Both Cole and AJ shook their heads “Her wolf has taken over, she is still out there,” AJ said pointing to the woods that Luke had just walked out of.

Luke closed his eyes and squeezed them shut “Don’t worry I will find her” He said softly before opening his eyes, they had started turning completely blue as his wolf fought him for control.

Luke turned around and allowed himself to turn in to his golden wolf before running back into the woods.

“Come on, let’s get them back to the pack house” AJ said pulling Cole out of his daze.

Cole nodded his head and walked around the car to the driver’s side door. “Are you ok to drive?” AJ asked him.

Cole nodded his head “I will be fine”