"I'm afraid," Michael whispered. You furrow your eyebrows.

"Of what Michael?" you asked, picking up your head.

He turned to you, eyes pooling with tears. "Of him." You automatically knew who he was talking about.

Michael turned his position, so his body was facing you.

"I don't want to be like this. I never wanted to. I can't just follow his plan. I won't. But the power... it has a grip on me. It entraps me and I become filled with ecstasy when it does, but shame and fear at the same time. I try to, but I can't deny how good the magic feels. And it scares me. I don't have any control and I'm afraid I might hurt someone."

Holding his face, you wipe the tears from his cheekbones.

"Michael, you won't hurt anyone. I know you won't. And none of this is your fault. Feeling that way about the power, it isn't your fault. And none of that matters when you have multiple around to support you. The council, your friends... me." Michael let out a chuckle.

"The point is, I know you're strong enough to fight whatever grip Satan has on you. You can control your magic. You just need some practice." you said, as a light bulb goes off in your mind.

You glance around the room you were in, remembering when Michael took that test to see how powerful he was. You remember when he was tasked to turn the particles in the surrounding air into snow and how he lost complete control of himself, almost freezing the entire warlock council to death.

You quickly get up and grab Michael's hand, leading him to the middle of the room.

"Do it for me." you say. Michael looked at you in confusion.

"Make it snow." you continued. "Make it snow for me like how you did on your test."

"What? I can't. The last time I did that, I almost killed our instructors."

"You almost.. did. But you didn't. You snapped back."

"Only when I was yelled at. And it ended with my nose bleeding..."

"Michael. You can control it. I know you can. I said that you needed to practice. Why not start here? Make it snow, and prove to your father that he doesn't have a grip on you anymore."

Michael paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts. He then looked at you, slowly nodding.

Michael slowly raises one arm above his head, to the ceiling. He then formed one snowflake in his hands. He did the same with his other hand. Slowly, Michael was able to create multiple snowflakes, falling gently from the ceiling. Then, came snowfall. Entrapped by the snow falling around you, the two of you looked up and began laughing.

"Now, I want you to put all your energy into one thing. Focus on one thing. It can be anything. Just put all of your energy into it, and continue to make it snow." you said, trying your best to guide Michael on controlling his magic.

Michael closed his eyes and kept his arms up. You watched as the snow continued to pour on the two of you. You weren't scared about him accidentally freezing the entire room up. Because you knew he wouldn't. You knew he could control it.

Michael slowly opened his eyes, as the snow started to die down. He put his arms back at his sides, glancing around the library, shocked and so relieved he hasn't killed you with an accidental blizzard.

You smiled and clapped your hands together. "See! You did it! You were able to control it! What did you think about?" He looked at you and smiled.

"I thought of you. You said to focus all my energy on one thing. You bring me happiness and make me feel safe and loved. So I focused it on you, Y/N." Michael glowed.

You quickly felt your heart beginning to melt as butterflies settled in your stomach. You wrapped your arms around his neck.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Y/N." Michael said, before pressing his lips on yours.

Suddenly, you felt a cold breeze. Opening your eyes, you notice the snow had started up again. You began laughing again, taking in the moment.

Michael watched, mesmerized by the sight of you smiling and happy. It was all he needed to ease his pain.

Engulfed by the love Michael had for you, he quickly pulled you into a second kiss. You stood there, hands gripping his, and lips tied around his, as the snow fell on the two of you. Being with him is all that mattered. and having you is all that mattered to him. The two of you continued to stay in each other's embrace, taking in every kiss as it continued to snow. Michael realized it didn't matter how much power his father had on him because it definitely wasn't greater than the love he felt for you.

At that moment, Michael was holding everything he ever wanted and needed. His happiness on a rainy day, His medicine for sick days. His everything. Forever.