Stabbed

"Hey, Pete, will you pass me that ion compactor?" Tony called across the lab. He was working on the Iron Man suit, and Peter was upgrading his own.

"Yeah, sure." He tossed it over to his mentor, taking a peak at the project. "Wow, that is so cool. How do you even think of all these things?"

"Experience. Now, it's getting kinda late, so if you wanna go out on patrol, you should probably leave now. I can call your aunt if you want."

"Yeah, good idea. Thanks."

"No problem, kiddo."

Peter gathered his homework into a pile and shoved it into his backpack, then headed for the door to the lab. He was interrupted by a loud alarm sounding. He winced, hands immediately going to cover his ears. With super senses, things like these were torture. He turned to Tony, a questioning look on his face.

"What is that?" He called over the sirens drilling into his skull.

"Intruder alarm. Means there's been a breach, but the compound is so secure...we gotta get out of here. My suit isn't functional, but I have one in the common area. Bring your suit, just in case. It might be a false alarm," Tony answered.

"Got it," Peter replied.

They headed for the doors until they slammed shut mere inches from Peter's nose. Tony tugged him back and pulled out a weird, little device that he stuck between the doors and started to pry them open with. Peter grabbed the other end and helped, he did have super strength after all.

"These doors only shut if someone confirms it's really an emergency. We are supposed to meet up with any other Avengers present and evaluate the situation. Everyone else in the building should be evacuating. After all the doors jam, lights and power go out, so we gotta hurry."

"Ok. Do you guys have a meeting place or something?"

"Wherever we can find each other, since usually it's really chaotic trying to rendezvous a bunch of superheroes into one spot."

Finally, the door slid smoothly open and they ran out into the hallway. Tony led the way to the most likely place any of their companions would be. It took a few minutes for them to find anyone, but after searching the common area and half the bedrooms, Clint hopped out of the vents in front of them. Peter jumped about a foot in the air and Tony almost blasted Clint with his suit's repulsor.

"Geez, Bird-brain. Quit sneaking up on people like that." Peter's mentor complained, but there wasn't really any time for squabbling, and both men knew it.

"Natasha, Steve, and Strange are all in the building, and I'm pretty sure there's more, but I'm not sure who." Clint informed his comrades as they moved quickly down the hallway.

"I saw Wanda when I came in today, and Rhodey." Peter supplied.

"Okay, I don't pay attention to who's here, since that would take way too much effort, but Bucky should also be here. I was going to fix up his metal arm later." Tony was about to say something else, probably a quip of some sort, but was interrupted was two figures running around the corner. Black Widow, dressed in her suit, and Captain America, also ready for action, halted in front of them just as the lights cut out.

It was pretty much pitch dark until dim, red emergency lights flickered on, illuminating half of their faces.

"Who do we have here?" Nat's voice cut through the darkness.

"Uh, currently, me, Peter, Clint, you and Steve. But there are a few more of us here, we just have to find them."

Tony volunteered, straining to see everyone in the almost pitch black hallway. He put one hand on Peter's arm next to him, just to make sure he didn't get lost in the fray.