Chapter 8: New Beginnings

Omniscient
Manhattan, New York
Friday, February 19th
12:00 p.m.

Beyoncé yawned faintly, opening up her eyes to the now somehow pleasant sun. After the evening she'd had, she was willing to give Onika any and everything she asked for.

She heard Onika's light snoring and frowned just a little. Out of all the nights that she'd spent with Onika, she had never heard that before. She smirked, wondering if she'd knocked that out of her.

She scooted up closer to Onika's body, her mind subconsciously remembering that Onika's love language was touch. She was more pleased with herself because of the events that'd taken place last night.

After their very long night of rendezvous, Beyoncé found herself unable to sleep longer than two hours. It seemed that every time Onika moved, Beyoncé's eyes were open. She was afraid to let go.

Onika didn't mind one bit. She loved being wrapped up in Beyoncé the way she was. Their wants and needs coincidentally coincided with each other's.

Onika's phone rang and Beyoncé snatched it off of the nightstand to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Ms. Maraj?" Onika's boss Adalene already knew it wasn't.

"No, but I can leave a message if you'd like."

"This is her boss. I was calling to make sure she's okay. Onika doesn't usually miss work."

Beyoncé sat up, forcing Onika to slide down her body a bit. "I'm so sorry. In the midst of the crazy morning she had, I'm sure she forgot to call. Onika has been on and over the toilet all morning long. My apologies, I hope this doesn't put her in any trouble considering she's never missed a day and she's sick."

Adalene nodded her head on the other end of the phone. "She should be just fine. Tell her to take all the time she needs, I hope she gets well soon."

"Thank you. You have a nice day." Beyoncé smiled then hung up the phone.

She put Onika's phone back down on the nightstand, and rested her head back.

The silence gave her a chance to reflect. She was grateful that Nessa matched them, and she was starting to believe that Nessa lied. Onika was not as complicated as Nessa made her out to be.

She was just a girl that wanted to be loved. A girl that wanted someone to come in and knock down the walls she had built up around her heart.

Beyoncé slowly rolled out of the bed, careful not to wake Onika up. She stretched silently then quickly pulled on some miscellaneous clothes that were scattered across the floor from the night before. She looked back repeatedly to make sure Onika was asleep before slowly making her way out of the bedroom and apartment.

"She got me feeling like I'm doing the walk of shame." Beyoncé mumbled to herself then got on the elevator, pressing the garage button then the 'close' button.

When she got to her car, she opened the door and got inside. Two minutes hadn't even passed before she saw Cartier at her window.

She let her window down enough for him to hear her, but not enough for him to put his hand through. "You just don't know when to stop, do you?"