{ 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎 }

Start from the beginning

For the first time since last night, Noor had a subtle smile on her face. Ahaan was indeed a gentleman in every sense because he was nothing but kind and generous from the moment they had met. And so, without wasting any more time, Noor finally introduced herself.

"My name is Noor, Noor Ijaz."

After Noor's introduction, every member of the group introduced themselves as well. Finally meeting everyone, Noor knew it was time for her to leave the house she was welcomed in for the night.

She had to plan and figure out her next move, and she couldn't waste any more time staying here, so she spoke.

"Well, I think it's time for me to head back home, and if someone could direct me, I will call a cab. But once again, thank you so much for your hospitality."

Before anyone could say anything, Irtaza spoke for the first time that morning.

"Noor, please wait."

The way her name rolled out of his tongue felt like the sweetest sound Noor has ever heard; Irtaza merely said her name, yet it created havoc in her heart. Composing her thudding heartbeat and emotions, Noor responded to Irtaza's request.

"Yes, Mr. Irtaza?"

"Before you leave, I have a question for you; why were you after Mihir Rizwan anyways?"

Irtaza had asked a simple question, but those few words were enough to bring back all the painful memories Noor had bottled up.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you well enough for me to share anything with you; we're just strangers."

Noor recalled from last night how Irtaza and Ahaan reacted upon hearing Mirhir Rizwan's name; she knew Mirhir probably had done something to someone they cherished as well.

But Noor couldn't trust anyone anymore, and revealing her pain to mere strangers was something she wasn't ready for. But Irtaza's gruff voice broke her trance.

"I know we're just strangers, and I'm not asking you to share whatever painful experience you have been through, but I just want to know what has that sick man done to you that you were willing to sacrifice your life while hunting him down.

And so that you could trust me, let me tell you, Mirhir Rizwan has destroyed many lives, one being my very own; he destroyed my family."

The pain in Irtaza's voice was something Noor was fully aware of; she lived in the same pain and anguish for years. And hearing someone else voice out the same amount of pain, Noor knew it was time to reveal the misery she has buried within her heart for as long as she could remember.

"That man had destroyed the only family I had left; he had abducted, abused, a-assaulted, and k-killed my little sister, he took my Ayla away from me, he took my baby sister away from me."

Tears glistened Noor's cognac brown orbs as she spoke the painful truth about her sister. Three years ago, Noor had lost her sole reason for living, and the anguish in her heart hasn't died down since then.

Noor had also seen an equal amount of pain crossing Irtaza's eyes as she revealed the truth to him. His heart was heavy listening to Noor's words, and it shattered his heart listening to the broken soul in front of him.

Irtaza had experienced the same amount of pain for the loss of his own family at the hands of the same monster. But now, no matter what, he was determined to bring justice to everyone who was a victim of Mirhir Rizwan's sick ways, and so he placed a proposition in front of Noor.

"Noor, I have a proposition for you, if we want to destroy Mirhir Rizwan for once and for all, we have to stick together. So my proposition for you is to join my gang, become a part of the mafia.

But again, the choice is yours; I won't force you to do anything; and whatever choice you make, I will respect that but please think about it."

Noor was spellbound by Irtaza's proposition but knew she had a tough choice to make. Whatever she chooses would change her life drastically, but now, no matter what, it was up to her to either fight that monster alone or as one.

»»--❖--««