• 5 •

ALLIES...

I stood in the doorway of the Training Tower with a tight jumpsuit thing on. There were so many sharp items, and intimidating people.

I walked over to a knife stand. There was many varieties that I could have chosen. I picked up a medium one and felt the weight in my hand.

I threw it at a dummy and it clattered to the floor. I got hot and looked over at Harley. The other Careers were talking to him but now they were looking at me.

I briskly walked over to where the knife was and picked it up. I walked back to where I was and threw it again. It barely touched the dummy.

I looked around and a lot of people were looking at me. A girl who looked a little older than me, about 15 walked up to me.

"Here, let me help you get a smaller knife." She said, taking the knife from my hands. "I got it." I said, taking it from her hands. "No, look you're so small so you need a smaller-"

"I GOT IT!" I yelled, stabbing the dummy in the chest. She gasped and the room went silent. She stumbled back and went over to the painting station.

Harley walked over to me with the other Careers and looked at the knife. He took the knife out and gave it to me. "You're really good Four." District 2 girl said.

"Um, thanks." I said back to her. "Look, I know I good idea. How about me and you have a little fight, you know for training?" Leah said, cracking her knuckles.

She looked down at her hands. "That's not a threat you know." I tightened my hands. "I'm not so sure about that, so I think I'm gonna stay with the knifes..."

"Come on 4, don't be such a killjoy!" District 2 boy said. Anger bubbled up inside my chest. "Fine."

We were in the middle of the floor with everyone standing around it. The girl that insisted on getting me another knife was standing in the front with her arms crossed.

I stood across from Leah with my legs shaking. "4's scared!" The District 8 boy said, laughing. His other tribute laughed and some other people. I ran towards Leah and kicked her in the face.

She fell to the ground, clutching her nose. District 8 boy gasped and someone oohed. Her eyes were watering and she wasnt smiling anymore. She ran towards me and I kicked her in the stomach this time.

She did not look happy at all. She looked very angry. She pinned me down and I was wriggling a lot. I tried the get out but Leah was strong.

I kneed her nose again and blood spurted out. "Hey!" A loud speaker said. I looked up and a man was standing at a microphone. "No more fighting until the arena, report back to the waiting area."

Leah got off of me and wiped her face. She held out a hand. I grabbed it and she pulled me up. She walked out of the tower and into the waiting room.

I ran into there too. "Tyler Mizzen from District 1 report to the tower for judgement by the Head Game makers." The head speaker said. The District 1 boy now known as Tyler walked out of the room.

Time went by and Harley went in and came out. "What did you do?" I asked Harley. "Just threw some knives.. You could so better than that I suspect."

"Lily Mayfield from District 4 report to the tower for judgement by the Head Gamemakers." Butterflies in my stomach seemed like they were thrashing around.

"Good luck." Said Harley. I walked out of the room and most of the Game makers looked at me. "You have five minutes to present your skill." Said the man with brown hair.

I walked up to the weapon station. I didn't have enough time to do anything while I was training really. I picked up a long knife and tried to copy the hand movements from the District 11 girl that I saw.

The knife dove in and out from the sides of my body and I kept twirling it, careful not to slash me. I almost dropped the knife but instead I threw it in the air and then caught it, luckily not blade side up.

There was some murmurs from the Game makers. I threw the knife into the wall and tried not to breath heavily.

There was more murmurs. "Dismissed: Lily Mayfield." The Head Gamemaker said. I walked out of the room with extreme confidence.

Now all there was to do was the interview.

"I'm so nervous." I said, picking at a hangnail. I was standing in line, waiting for it to be my turn for the interview. I had a light blueish grey dress on that went down to my kness with my hair is a braided bun.

"Don't be, you'll be fine. You got a 9 for your skills!" Harley said. That was true. The Game makers must have liked my moves, but the District 11 girl was not happy at all, because supposedly I stole her skill, and that landed her a 3.

I looked at the TV and the scrawny District 3 boy named Aaron was talking to Caeser. "Thank youuuu....Aaron!"

The crowd clapped as the very sweaty boy came off of the stage. "And now, for the youngest tribute of this years games.... Lily Mayfield!!" Caeser said.

I speed walked to the stage and a bright light shone on me. There was very loud clapping and cheering everywhere. Caeser laughed as I sat down into the chair across from him.

The crowd quieted as Career cleared his throat. "So, Lily, tell me a bit about yourself." He said, echoing through the deafening silence. "I play the piano, I like to read and my favorite place to be is the lavender field by my house." I said, tapping my foot.

"That's so interesting! Now, can you tell us about your mother, if you may?" He asked, lowering his tone. I could see his blue hair shimmer in the spotlight.

I leaned back. "All I want to say is that I love her very much." The crowd awed and I smiled. "One last question, are you confident in winning?" Caeser asked suspensefully.

"Yes." Quick and confident. "Really? Now do you have any thing to say to your fellow tributes?" He asked.

I hesitated. "Are you ready for a perfect storm?"

 "Are you ready for a perfect storm?"

❁