ᴏɴᴇ.

You sat up violently, your left hand clutching your chest like your heart is about to explode. Your other hand gripped your phone, which displayed Remi's profile picture, playing a loud tune that woke you up in the worst way possible.

"Mmmfgh," you groaned and answered the phone call, slipping your bare legs out from under the solid white bet sheets. "Y/n! It's 7:00! Did you forget to set your alarm?!" Remi squawked through the phone.

"Ah, sorry Remi. I had a rough time last night, you know, studying and all.." You mumbled back at her.

You put your phone on speaker and set it on your nightstand while you threw open your wardrobe, pulling out your school uniform.

"Yeah, yeah. Stop staying up so late, Y/n. You should be thinking about yourself more considerately. Anyways! I'm outside the main building! Meet me here, quick."

You sighed as you buttoned up your white uniform shirt. "Remi, just go to class. I don't want to keep you waiting," You said a little loudly, your phone being far from you.

You slipped on your uniform skirt and thigh-high black socks. "I bought you breakfast, so don't eat anything at home. I'll be waiting right here!" And with that, she hung up. You smiled, put on a pair of shiny black mary-janes and walk towards the front door, the shoes making light tapping sounds against the hardwood floors. You threw a puffy black cardigan over your shoulders. You grabbed your backpack and wrapped your crimson red scarf around your neck in loose loops before stepping outside.

It was a chilly morning, the October breeze playing with your [H/C] hair as you ran to the school entrance, towards Remi. Her strawberry blonde hair was in two low pigtails, stray hairs glistening in the sunlight. Remi was holding two small bags and a cup holder. She was grinning at you, wide. From where you were, it looked like she was practically bouncing.

"Bless you, Rem," You sighed as you took a bag and drink. She violently nodded and the large grin was still splattered on her face.

"Okay. Guess what," Remi yell-whispered, her hands laid out in front of her face in excitement. "Hm?" You raised an eyebrow before taking a long sip of the peppermint hot chocolate Remi bought you.

"Two words... New. Kid."

One end of your scarf fell from your shoulder before Remi adjusted it, wrapping it back around your neck, a bit tighter. "So?" you shrugged, squinting your eyes. "Eh?! We haven't had a new kid in so long! And I hear it's a guy," She winks, nudging you.

"Not my problem, Remi," you giggle. She smiles and grabs an end of your scarf. She wraps it over her hand. You gave her a puzzled look. "Go on, I'll follow. Don't want you getting lost, obviously," she jerked her head towards the entrance and poked her tongue out.

You roll your eyes and begin weaving through the crowd of students, making your way inside the building and eventually, into class, Remi following close behind.

You take a seat behind Yuuma, another one of your friends. He was a generally loud person with absolutely no filter. His loud appearance complimented his bright personality. His red cardigan was tied around his waist and his sleeves were rolled up, exposing a small dragon tattoo on his left forearm. He had a couple silver chain bracelets on each wrist, matching his silver locks of hair.

You'd say he was attractive if you two weren't best friends.

Suddenly he stopped blabbing about his problems to Kita, the guy sitting at rhe desk on Yuuma's right side, and turned around to face you. Kita's gentle smile was wiped off his face as he looked over at you. He scoffed and turned back around, facing the front of the room. He never really liked you, so you didn't mind. "Oi, why haven't you said good morning to me yet, Y/n? Do you not like me anymore?" Yuuma dramatically pretended to pass out, tipping his chair so his head was resting on your desk.

"Get off, weirdo," You hissed and flicked his forehead. "Hey! You can't just prance in here, not say hi to me, then literally abuse me. You're unbelievable!" He promptly stood up and turned around, setting his chin on the back of his chair. He stared at you as if you just put his favorite shoes in an incinerator. You scoff.

He noticed you looking annoyed and grabbed your face with both hands. Yuuma's hands were fairly large and rough. He started messing with your face. "Yuuma-" you said through squeezed cheeks.

"What's that, Y/n? I can't hear you!" He barked, now grabbing both sides with one of his hands, the other one mockingly pointing at you. You started feeling pissed, his cackling was a signal for the whole class to watch as you get the blood squeezed out of your face. The bell rings, signaling the beginning of class.

Just then, Mrs. Chiba clears her throat and stared straight at the back of Yuuma's head. He didn't seem to get the hint and kept messing with your face before Remi gave him a hard slap on the back. "Quit teasing her and turn around, you jerk!" She scoffs and plops down in her seat. Yuuma giggles and lets go.

"Anyways. Good morning, class," Mrs. Chiba starts, the class repeating after her. She tucks a strand of her deep green hair behind her ear. You rub your aching cheeks and cross your arms, kicking the back of Yuuma's chair. You hear a quiet chuckle from him and return your attention to the teacher.

"We have a new student today. I expect each and every one of you to treat him in a good manner. Be welcoming!" She says and gestures for someone to come in from the classroom door. You almost forgot about the new kid! You weren't too invested in him, but it'd be a lie to say you weren't interested to see what all the talk was about.

His figure stepped into the room. You looked at him in awe. His tired eyes and kind smile contrasted. His features were.. beautiful? You gulped.