Ch. 13: Blood Feud-Magnus (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"He told me specifically not to come for him. He didn't want me to rescue him." I said bitterly, tears began to form.

"He may have his reasons, but you play a role in this war just like the rest of us. Salem's gonna have to suck it up." Atreau grunted.

Chelisa entered the room silently from the door without my notice, giving her two cents on the subject.

"I agree. My brother will have no choice but to accept you being apart of this war. He's a whiny baby when he doesn't get what he wants." Chelisa giggled to herself as she appeared in the blink of an eye next to her younger sister placing a gentle hand upon her cheek and smiled. Both elder siblings adored Amyria with all their hearts.

"Has Corvenus given any signal to you both of how near they are to Salem's location?" I asked.

Both siblings shook their heads.

"Not a word. He must be trying to keep his thoughts from being heard from Magnus himself to be on the safe side. Otherwise, father would have informed the clan." Chelisa informed.

"Yeah, it's not like dad to just leave us in the dark unless it was vital. Don't worry. The Lycans have already gone ahead of our clan aside from the platoon that was dispatched from the meeting. We can just follow their scent." Atreau declared with a smirk.

The door from across the corridor opened revealing Artemis.

"That won't be necessary. My sisters and I have already made arrangements for our travel. We've pinpointed the Reaper Demon's location with our magic and will teleport there." She explained.

"Too dangerous. We'd be the only ones there against countless lurker demons along with Magnus himself. We're powerful, but they have the home field advantage and numbers. We need an alternate route away from the masses to get to Salem safer." Chelisa said.

Artemis gave a small hint of a grin, clearly amused by the response she had received.

"You've never had the aid of a witch before. There's a reason why our race is a deadly force among the supernatural. Don't worry. We've gathered the locations of all platoons Corvenus and Lawliet are currently and even have intel on the situation at hand. The lurker demons are stationed in wait for them and Magnus is alone in his own domain with a few of his minions. Salem seems to be located below his headquarters... submerged in a lake of holy water. "

Chelisa hissed at the unfortunate news. My heart sunk even further knowing that he was in so much danger.

"Damn it. Not even Father will be able to touch the surface of such a thing. Holy water in small doses is already a bother. How is Salem even alive beneath such a mass?" She asked.

"It seems Magnus has him sealed within a coffin. However the coffin won't last long under such pressure. The water can easily seep through and flood it from within..."

I cut her off instantly.

"I'll dive under the water myself and push that coffin to the surface if I have to." I said defensively.

Artemis's eyes rose to her surprise.

"Your bravery is admirable, Victoria. You would die for a supernatural like ourselves. Do not worry. My sisters and I can assist you in retrieving Salem without you drowning. We'll simply split the lake apart and give you the necessary time to rescue him from his demise." She enlightened.

This pleased me and eased my own fears making me give a thankful smile.

Alibeth came rushing through the door nearly tackling her older sister aside.