Ch. 13: Blood Feud-Magnus (Part 2)

Editor Note: Good Heavens guys... almost 250 reads, way past expectations when he wrote this! Enjoy!

**************************

Victoria’s POV

I laid upon Salem's bed dreaming vividly of him. He held me protectively in his cold arms, humming a sweet melodic tune. I wrapped my arms around him securely and placed my head comfortably on his chest as he continued his sweet lullaby. Everything felt right again. I felt alive once more. I looked into the hypnotic crimson orbs that always made my heart sing with delight and never let his sight leave mine. He smiled with sheer perfection that always took my breath away and lightly kissed my forehead. 

"I've missed you very much, Victoria. Words cannot describe how happy I am to be in your presence." Salem said softly, gently rubbing his cold hand upon my now rose-colored cheek.

"I miss you, Salem. God knows how badly I miss you. I am going to save you. We'll defeat Magnus and all of this will be history. I promise." I said as I kissed him repetitively. 

He smiled and returned my numerous kisses with one prolonged kiss of his own and took my breath away once more. I knew very well this was a dream, but it all seemed so real - feltundeniably real. He then held me closer and whispered softly.

"I admire your bravery, my love. But do not throw your life away for me. You have so much to live for." He said.

"I'd be throwing my life away if I lose you without putting up a fight. Shut up and accept that I'm yours forever." I argued with a feint smile across my face.

Salem couldn't help himself but smile in return and then began to loosen his grip upon me and began walking away, fading with each step he took.

"Salem wait! Please don't go." I begged.

He turned slightly, looking at me with eyes of despair and agony.

"I have to go now, Victoria. My time is nearly up. If you truly love me, you'll stay away from me. Our next encounter will be most certain your last. Stay away from me. Live..." He warned and faded into the darkness that now began to consume the room we once were in. I then awoke abruptly and noticed Amyria had found her way into my arms, fast asleep and I puzzled to when she got here and how long she'd been in my arms.

"She snuck in a few hours ago." Said a chipper voice coming from the dark corner of Salem's room. I jumped instantly at the sound and then looked to Amyria to be sure I did not awake her. She was comfortably nuzzled against me. I turned back to the corner to see Atreau stepping out into the moonlight, his crimson eyes shimmered.

"You scared me, Atreau. How long have you been there?" I asked politely.

Atreau snickered to himself and looked at me innocently.

"Ever since Amyria made herself comfortable with you. I will always have my eye on her no matter where she goes. She's my sister and the most protected out of the entire clan. She seems to have taken a huge liking to you. She's never been this close to anyone except for Trinity and myself." He complimented as he made his way towards the bed and stood beside me and his little sister.

"I saw Salem. I felt him. It was like he was truly here holding me." 

"Amyrias's powers are truly wonderful for a child her age. Not only can she link her thoughts with others by touch, but when she sleeps and is in contact with another person, she can transmit that person's dreams with another. I can't wait to see the full extent of her powers when she becomes a vampire." Atreau explained as he brushed Amyria's bangs from her eyes and smiled.

"So the dream I just had... I was literally talking with Salem?" I questioned.

"So it seems," Atrau then looked to me with an enthusiastic wink. "If thats the case, then that can only mean that Salem is still alive. That's good news to hear." Atreau rejoiced.