Chapter 1: Robin is My Neighbor Part 1

Wayne Manor

It was a lovely Saturday morning at Wayne Manor and its inhabitants were using the rare down time to relax. Alfred had finished his normal morning routine and was sitting in his private study, reading an invigorating mystery novel and siping a hot cup of tea. Meanwhile Bruce and Dick were both in the living room enjoying their down time. Bruce was sitting in his recliner, reading the newspaper, and drinking his coffee; while Dick was sitting on the floor contently playing with his favorite toy train set. However after a few minutes the large grandfather clock chimed 10:00 making Dick look up excited.

"Daddy turn on the TV! Turn on the TV! It's time it's time!" Dick squealed excitedly as he gathered his favorite stuffed Elephant Peanuts, jumped onto his fathers lap, and bounced up and down excitedly.

"Alright alright, I'm turning it on." Bruce chuckled as he reached for the remote, all the while Dick was snuggling up to his chest.

Bruce smiled at his adorable little bird, always loving this part of Saturdays because of the overload of cuteness involved with it. For it was time for his baby boy's absolutely favorite show, Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. So he quickly grabbed the remote, turned on the TV, listened as the theme music started, and Dick began to sing along.

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, A beautiful day for a neighbor, Would you be mine? Could you be mine?..." The TV and Dick sang at the same time.

Bruce grinned happily, not only because he would get to hear his child's beautiful singing voice, but also because his son was just so adorably joyful. For Dick John Grayson Wayne was the biggest Mr. Rodgers fan in the world. He faithfully watched the show, memorized episodes and songs, hung a poster in his room, and so much more.

And this was perfectly fine with Bruce, for he himself also enjoyed watching the show as well as the bonding time it provided for him and his son. Not to mention it was so wholesome and far superior programming to the inappropriate, violent, and un-child friendly material on TV.

Dick had had enough of such graphic material in his own life both in crime fighting and his own personal tragedies, he didn't need any more reminders of that. But Mr. Rodgers provided laughter, comfort, relief, good morals, and an escape from his secret and throbbing pain.

"...Won't you please, Won't you please, Please won't you be my neighbor?" Dick and the TV finished off together.

"Hi television neighbor, I'm glad we're together again..." Mr. Rodgers started off with his usual welcoming and warm smile, the one that made audiences everywhere stop all that they were doing and just listen.

Once the usual pleasantries were over Mr. Rodgers continued on to their topic. It was a Saturday, so that meant two episodes for that day. Today they were treating everyone with fairness and learning to use your words to express your negative feelings, not your actions.

Together Dick and Bruce laughed when it came time for the puppet show and the antics of Daniel Tiger, who was Dick's favorite character, and King Friday. They also sang along to the cute little songs that were iconic to the show. Though Dick's sweet high voice vastly outshined Bruce's husky bass voice, but the two loved to sing together nonetheless. Then came the end of Mr. Rodgers stories and his exit music, signaling his show was over for the day.

"I love Mr. Rodgers daddy." Dick sighed as the exit music played.

"I do too, baby." Bruce responded as he sat up and stretched.

However as he stretched, Dick's eyes grew heavy and he released a nice long yawn. Bruce looked down and smiled as he then saw his baby bird snuggle up and close his eyes.