17 | if i fall i think i'll fly.

Começar do início

"Good. You know what'll happen if you do, right?" Your father spoke lowly, peering over to look at you with his mesmerizing eyes. You shivered, briefly remembered of the punishment you received for using it to clear out a small forest area on the island.

"Yes, papa. I don't want to go back into the red room again."

"Good girl."

.

Present time.

"I wasn't able to touch you."

Your heart sank.

Your breath hitched in your throat, your eyes widening in fear behind your blindfold. You were unable to even produce an answer, your lips slightly parted as you desperately tried to come up with an excuse.

'I fucked up. I really, really, really fucked up. How could I have been so careless?!'

"Why wasn't I able to touch you?"

Panic surged through your veins as your heart pounded in your chest, your hands shaking as you stared at Shouto. You were in a panic, your head rushing to try and produce an answer.

But you couldn't.

'What do I do!? I can't lie to him! How am I supposed to explain the fact that I was only listed as having an enhancer quirk?! I can't tell him anything about my family, that would ruin everything! I can't play dumb either! What the fuck am I supposed to do?!'

"Y/N. Please answer me." Shouto spoke, his brows furrowing as you struggled to give an answer. "It makes no sense. You have an enhancer quirk, don't you? So then why..." He looked down to his right hand, slowly opening and closing his fingers as he tried to make sense of the situation.

"Why couldn't I touch you?"

You stayed silent, lowering your head to avoid looking at him. You just couldn't believe how easily you messed up after all this time. You took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as you tried to ease your nerves.

"Can we talk somewhere more private?" You whispered, looking down at your lap in shame.

"Yes." Shouto followed you as you stood up from the bench, grabbing the giant plush that was sat next to you while he grabbed the bag that held your matching turtlenecks. You dragged the plushie behind you as you led Shouto to the restroom area, staying oddly silent the entire way.

Soon enough you two made it to the third floor's restroom, the hallway coincidentally empty by the time you two got there. You weren't taking any chances, however, opening the door to the all family restroom and making your way inside.

"I don't think we should-" Shouto began, only to be cut off by your hushed voice.

"Just get inside." You grabbed him by the wrist, dragging him inside the restroom with a little more force than you intended. He stumbled forward a few steps, hearing the door slam shut behind him. You locked the door, sighing heavily as you slowly turned back to face the awaiting teen.

Sure, the restroom wasn't the most sanitary place, but it was certainly the most isolated. You weren't about to take any risks of having any random people listening in on your conversation, so you took the extra step to make sure you two were alone.

"Can you hold out your hand for me?"

Shouto watched as you put your hand out, your expression unreadable mostly due to the fabric covering your eyes. Your lips were pressed into a line, your hand shaking slightly as you held it out for him. You were terribly nervous.

"Okay."

Shouto did as you told him, reaching out to touch your hand. His eyes widened as the familiar invisible force prevented him from touching you again, pushing against the barrier with as much force as he could. However, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't touch you.