Chapter 2: Zenitsu's Proposal

Kamado Tanjiro, 16 years old. . .

"What do you think?"

". . ."

". . ."

"Say something will you?"

I took a deep breath and begun. 

"Zenitsu, this is too unrealistic. You use nine pages to introduce yourself and another nine pages to introduce Nezuko. You only use two sentences to introduce the others. All I can tell is that you are a Thunder hashira who is tall and handsome and had killed some upper moons by yourself, Nezuko is the headmaster of the corpse, and you two fall in love. I become a man who left my sister due to debts, Sanemi-san is a thieve, and Inosuke is a random demon. This is too messed up." 

I let out a breath. 

Zenitsu looks at me with a 'dying face' and soon collapses onto the floor. 

I looked at him and sighed. 

"You know Zenitsu, if you truly loved Nezuko then you should show it to her. We're no longer demon slayers now which means we can't show our cool sides anymore. You don't want her to think of you as a little brother don't you?" 

Yes, Nezuko has been treating Zenitsu like a little brother more than a man. Every time he saw Inosuke or any other men being close to Nezuko, he would start complaining about his leg pain. And Nezuko being Nezuko, would quickly turn her attention to him and help to massage his leg. While he might not notice it, it was rather a childish act. 

Though I wouldn't blame him for it, his leg had got some serious injuries after the Muzan fights. In fact, everyone at least got some after-effect injuries or scars. 

My words seemed to click his brain. He starts to wake up early and is willing to do chores other than dishwashing. He stopped complaining about his leg pain too. That seems like a great improvement for him.

"O-onii-chan, is Zenitsu-kun okay? Is he sick? He hasn't complained once about his leg pain!" 

"Don't worry Nezuko, he will be fine." 

"What's wrong with Panitsu?! Did he got cursed with a demon blood art?!!" 

"No, Inosuke! His fine! Plus, demons don't exist anymore!"

(Other than Yushiro of course)

. . .

"I hope you are using the medicine I gave you Zenitsu-kun," Kanao said as she writes down her notes. 

"Of course Kanao-chan!" 

We start visiting butterfly mansion (which is passed down to Kanao and Aoi) once in a while to give us some health check-ups. Kanao had become a great doctor. Aoi, Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho had also become excellent nurses. This place had also become a clinic, which means several patients are here. Some other former demon slayer members would also come by too. 

Aoi-san being her strict self is scolding Inosuke for stealing her rice ball in the background...again. 

"Jeez! I told you I have a personal plate for you already!" 

"You can't order me around blue eyes!!!" 

"They will never be quiet around each other," Zenitsu stated.

I just chuckled at his statement while Kanao just smiled. Kabamaru rested his head onto Kanao's shoulder, disliking the summer heat. Kanao got up from her desk and start stacking the files. She still gave off her same gentle, noble-like aura. 

 I suddenly spotted an interesting envelope on Kanao's desk.

I know I shouldn't dig into other people's business, but the curiosity washed over me. 

"Hey Kanao, mind telling me who is this for?" 

"This? It's for Yushiro-sama, it's just a greeting letter with some medical-related questions. He would usually reply pretty fast too." 

"Really?! He must live pretty close by then!" I exclaimed, "I should visit him someday!" 

"The food is ready!" Nezuko announced as she popped her head out of the kitchen. 

"I can't wait to taste Nezuko-chan's food!" Zenitsu praised while jumping off the chair. 

"Fight me Hanao!" 

"You're quite lively today, Inosuke-kun." 

"He's like that every day." 

I smiled while watching my friends get along, what a great feeling. 

. . . 

(Few months time skip)

"Zenitsu, are you okay?" 

"Y-y-yeah." 

"You sure?"

"Of course I'm sure!" He objected while staring nervously at Nezuko, he is giving off a nervous yet exciting scent. 

He is shaking his hand while wiping the plates, I'm just going to hope that he won't drop it. 

Soon, I saw him walking towards Nezuko who is just finishing hanging the blankets. Who knew Inosuke would spill water onto his blanket? 

"N-Nezuko-chan, wanna go to the flower field with me?" Zenitsu asked while playing with his finger. 

Nezuko happily accepted his invitation. They bid us goodbye and walk off. 

I take the role to distract Inosuke while Zenitsu would confess. 

I Grabbed a Dog Tail Grass and throw it around the air, Inosuke would try and catch it like a cat. 

What I was not expecting was this:

"NEZUKO-CHAN PLEASE MARRY ME!!!!! I REALLY LIKED YOU!!!I PROMISE TO PROTECT YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is it really possible to be this loud?!

Soon the two come back. 

"Nezuko, do you want to take the bath first?"

"W-what? Dinner?" 

"Do you want to take the bath first?!" I repeated. 

"Breakfast?" 

"I'm sorry..." Zenitsu apologized while wimping. 

Nezuko wasn't able to hear anything until she went to bed. I suppose that was a fail. 

Apparently, she didn't know what Zenitsu had said to her since he had said it way too loud. And Zenitsu had lost all of his confidence after the event so he decides to drop the plan to confess for now. I suppose it was another interesting day. 

Thanks for reading!