~Chapter four~ The beach party pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"This is it." Star smiled and walked towards me like I was her prey. Crap. I'm in for it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later we were ready to go. I was dressed in my purple and blue flower bikini underneath my purple dress that flowed all the way to my feet. I put on my blue flip flops to match and my hair cascaded down my back in elegant curls. I put a little mascara on to make my eyes pop and of course Kasey made me put on lip gloss. I told her it wasn't necessary, but apparently she thinks something will happen between Carlos and I. I'm not so sure about that though.

Kasey was wearing a yellow bikini and a blue dress with yellow flowers that came to just above her knees. She wore yellow flip flops to match and her blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail, with her side bangs hanging in the front. Star was wearing a short, black dress, which had her black and green bikini underneath. Ok. So the girl likes black. She wore green flip flops to make her eyes pop. Her hair was straightened and her bangs were flipped across her forehead. She must of gotten highlights, because there were green streaks through her hair. She had black eye liner on which made her eyes pop even more. All in all, they looked beautiful.

After giving one more look in the mirror, we grabbed towels and headed downstairs to the kitchen to eat something. The beach party was supposed to have food, but I didn't want to eat in front of anyone. I'm kind of a messy eater. Just one more hour until Carlos would pick me up. Kasey and Star were going to meet us there. I was really nervous of what Carlos' reaction would be when he sees me. I just hope he doesn't expect anything from me. Maybe a good night kiss, but nothing else. Although Kasey told me he isn't that kind of guy, I still didn't trust it. So maybe that's why I never dated a guy. I can't trust them. But you can't blame me, right?

We sat around the table and chomped on cookies while we waited for the hour to pass.

"So are you and Carlos gonna, you know..." Star wiggled her eyebrows and I practically spit my cookie out all over her.

"Hell no! He isn't gonna touch her without me knowing about it! Besides, this is her first boyfriend. I'm sure they'll take things slow. Either that or I'll have to kill my brother. If he does anything, trust me, I'll find out." Kasey answered for me and I had to sigh with relief at that. I couldn't explain it better.

"I was gonna say kiss! But whatever. I get what you're saying." Star smirked and grabbed another cookie.

"Yeah. Sure you were. Anyways, we need to go brush out teeth. My bro will be here in 5 min! And he's never late to anything." Kasey's eyes widened when she said that.

I tried to muffle a giggle as we all ran upstairs and proceeded to the bathroom. I grabbed some extra toothbrushes from my stash and we all brushed our teeth in record time. Just as we finished, the doorbell rang. My heart stopped for a second before I was being pushed towards the stairs by Kasey. I walked slowly down the stairs and opened the door to see Carlos smiling back at me. He was wearing a gray hollister sweatshirt and blue swim trunks with matching flip flops. His hair hung messily on his head, but in a cute way. His dimples were standing out in the light and I had to resist the urge to pinch his cheeks.

"Hey Annabel. You look beautiful, like always." He looked me up and down before holding his hand out.

"Shall we?" I took his hand and told Star and Kasey I'd see them there. They shooed me off and smiled before taking off in their own car. Carlos opened the passenger door of his car for me and after I got in, he ran around the front of the car and jumped in the driver's seat. The engine roared to life and soon enough we were headed to the party.

Carlos thankfully didn't talk to me on the way there. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt like I would pass out. I was so nervous and I didn't know why. Ever since my mom died, I would get anxiety attacks in situations like this and they didn't end well. I would end up passing out, and I'd wake up in a hospital almost every time. So I need to calm down or I'll create a scene.

We arrived at the beach and Carlos got out before coming around to my door and opening it. I didn't notice though, because I was breathing heavier and staring straight ahead.

"Annabel... Are you ok?" Carlos softly grabbed my hand and I snapped out of it.

"Oh. Sorry, yeah. I'm fine. Let's go." I smiled weakly and got out. Carlos gave me a questioning look but let the matter drop and led me to the party.

Music was blasting and people were dancing or talking in groups. Some people were swimming in the ocean while others were sitting down in the sand. Man, there must be something in the water, because every single guy here had a 6-pack going on. The sun was starting to go down, which gave Kasey, Star, and I a good half an hour to swim. Soon enough, they appeared next to Carlos and I and I jumped. I think it had something to do with the anxiety.

"Did we scare you? Sorry, but girl, you need to loosen up. Have some fun. Come on!" Star and Kasey stripped out of there dresses right there and then ran straight into the water. I took my dress off but hesitated about going in the water.

When I was younger, I had almost drowned in the ocean. I was lucky my father had seen me and rescued me. I was lucky to be alive.

Carlos took off his sweatshirt and threw me over his shoulder before running into the water. I don't really know what happened next. All I know is I panicked. I screamed and started thrashing.

When I finally registered everything, I was being cradled in strong arms, and Carlos was laying in the sand a few feet away. He had a shocked look on his face and I had to fight myself not to laugh. But when I looked up, all I saw were those beautiful orange eyes. Then, one name hit me.

Angel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the slow update guys!!! I've been busy with school and a band concert. Promise I'll update faster next time. Anywho....thanks for reading!

Next chapter= beach party part 2

So Angel's at the party? What do u think will happen? Hmmm.... (:

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN :D