"Y-Yeah, I went the first time with my mother. A year before she sadly..passed away." He doesn't dwell on it and tries to smile,

"But still, I remembered having so much fun! The Karaage sticks are so delicious and the dango too! Oh, and the lanterns are so pretty too! Especially at the night time."

She smiles back,

"That does sound nice." 

"Heyyy.." An idea sparks in his mind. He pulls her hands to his, to her surprise.

"Why don't you and I go tonight?" 

She scoffs at that. As much as she wants to go, she knows the boy has to go to school. He's been absent for too long and she worries for the consequences.

"Don't you got schoolwork to do?" She furrows a brow at him suspiciously. He only laughs nervously.

He pretends he's still sick by coughing abruptly,

"Cough! Cough! Cough! OH, but I'm still sick so I ought to stay home, don't I?"

"Okay, guess that means you also can't go to the festival too." She teases with a smirk and he starts waving his hands at her, a flustered expression on his face.

"W-Wait! Come on, let's go!"

She looks back and he clearly wanted to go. It's those damn puppy eyes that was getting to her and she cursed to herself, knowing she was growing soft for Tamaki.

She blushes,

"S-Sure then, let's go!"

"YES!" He cuts the sick act and gets up with so much energy. Before he goes puts his empty cereal bowl in the sink, he stops and looks at her with a finger in the air. 

"Oh and before we go, we gotta choose our outfits for it."

"Outfits?"

The two were out on an adventure to look for some festive kimonos for the event and so was everyone in town, apparently.

The entire store was packed and lots of people waited outside just so they can purchase the perfect look. Tamaki and Maki were both lucky to get in.

"Whatcha think Maki, a tropical green or a serious navy blue?" Tamaki had both arms up occupied with a different Kimono.

To be honest, the men's department didn't stand out in color compared to the women's department. They had more grey and black but Tamaki thought those colors were boring as hell.

So he chose his favorite, a royal like blue with a mustard yellow obi wrapped around the waist. And then there's the green one with leaf-like features across the light green Kimono with a white strap and Haori included. 

"Hmm, I definitely say the blue one." She points at the Kimono and he's satisfied by the answer. After all, he was internally leaning more to that than the green.