Except for this moment.

Akio nudges Tamaki once he sits on his chair and he flashes a confused expression. 

"What?" 

"Dude, Tachibana got the hots for you!" The blonde grinned at his friend, "There's been rumors floating around who she likes and I gotta say, it sounds like you!" 

"Really?" He asked with a disinterested tone as he unpacks his things, pulling out a notebook and pen. 

"Yes, REALLY!" Daichi chimes in with his fisted hands against his chest. "You're going to be popular dude. That's if you get with her, though."

Tamaki scoffs and looks out the window,

"Whatever. I'm not interested in her anyways." 

He thinks of Maki. 

He doesn't say anything afterwards and the two looked at him shocked, then at each other. 

The two let out a sigh. 

"You don't know how lucky you are, Tamaki." His friends said in sadness.

-

Maki was jamming to some of the music upstairs in Tamaki's bedroom. She laid down on his bed on the opposite way, with her legs resting on the bed frame. She was reading one of his graphic novels from his book shelf as she listens to you should see me in a crown.

When the beat drops, she bops her head while focused on the panel when Dr. Manhattan shows up in all his blue glory. 

She looks away from the page and then crawls over to the radio, and see which artist played the song. 

"B-Billie..Eillish?" 

She digs the song. She'd definitely choose this song as her musical entrance or if she ever starred in a movie. 

"Tamaki has good taste." She says to Suki who rests on her lap as she scrolls down at his playlist. He was mostly into the Neighborhood, Arctic Monkeys and Billie Eillish though. 

She tries to turn up the volume but her fingers froze on the button when she hears the sound of someone opening the door from downstairs.