Chapter 6 (Ethan)

(One day earlier.)

And then he's gone.  Just like that.  And the rest of the Lost Boys and I are left to gape at the spot where Pan just disappeared from.

Collin is the first to voice what we are all thinking, "Wha' the heck just 'appened?"

"I have absolutely no idea," I reply honestly.

"So..." Damian starts.

"What do we do now?" Pierce finishes for his twin.

All the boys turn to look at me, expectantly waiting for an answer to a question that I'm not entirely sure how to give.

After a very long moment of thought, I finally say, "How about we all regroup and return to camp?  That way we can see if anyone else besides Pan and Catey are missing."

I know that it's not the best plan in the world, but at least it's a good start, I think to myself.

The boys nod to me and we all begin our trek back to camp.  I purposefully stay towards the back of the pack to think, and Collin clearly notices because he slows his steps to match mine.

"I get why you're wantin' us to regroup, but wha' is your real course o' action?" he asks quietly so that only I can hear him.

"Still working on that, Collin," I reply.

"We can' let it get out that he's missin', you know.  If we do, Hook'll make sure we have 'ell on our 'ands," he whispers.

"I know that," I reply sharper than I intended, and he immediately quiets.

After a long silence, I say, "I'm sorry, Collin.  It's just that this has never happened before and on top of Pan suddenly disappearing, Catey's gone too."

"I know.  Sometimes I forget tha' she's your sister," he says, looking down.

"We need to find them," I state.

"Tha' is a good idea, but the key is 'ow exactly are you gonna pull that off withou' Pan?  He's the only one who could locate people besides Cat," he says.

"No, there is another way," I reply, a solid plan finally starting to form in my mind.

"Another way?" Collin echoes, sounding confused.

"Yes, Collin, there is.  But it's not the easiest thing to obtain," I say giving him a pointed look.

"If ya hadn't already noticed, Curly, we aren't the easiest bunch of boys to be deterred by difficulty," he says with a smirk.

"I know.  Just thought I'd give you a warning," I say, returning his look.  "Once we round everyone up, we'll be headed out."

"And where will we be headed?" he asks.

I look at him intently when I answer, "The Indian Encampment."