Fae was surprisingly not all that offended by his comment, and shrugged before replying, "You say 'mood disorder', I say 'emotional parkour'."

That time he didn't respond, too engrossed in toying with several controls as if the ship would miraculously come back to life just from his touch. Which, of course, didn't happen, so instead stood from his seat and made his way to the backup power system.

"In space, I guess no one can hear you be hilarious," Fae muttered under her breath. "So," She started again, willing her voice to stay steady despite the fact that the darkness within the cockpit was practically impenetrable for her eyes, "exactly how fucked are we?"

He stayed back there for a few seconds, tinkering with various things, until the dashboard was suddenly half lit — the primary colour of which being red. Perhaps the red was menacing, but to Fae it was better than being blind.

"I'd say a nine point five," Mando said whilst he returned to his rightful place. Upon doing so, he continued the charade of flicking whichever lever and buttons he seemed to fancy. Fae opened her mouth to make some snide comment about the pointlessness of it all, but the sudden bright white lights, which were the result of the whole ship turning back on, shut her up.

"This is Mos Eisley Tower. We are tracking you. Head for bay three-five, over." The voice which spontaneously came through the speakers made Fae flinch the slightest amount — she hadn't spent much time in a cockpit after all, and still didn't have half a clue of how things in the free world worked.

"Copy that. Locked in for three-five." But of course, Fae didn't need to know. Because Mando knew — he always knew.

When the view of a pale pink horizon of a planet caught her eye, seemingly glowing against the obsidian backdrop, Fae couldn't help by lean forward in interest.

"It's beige, before you ask. So, a pale yellow, basically," Mando said softly. Fae's lips froze, previously on the verge of asking that exact question.

"So...like sand?" She truly didn't think she would ever forget her time in Arvala-7 — and therefore, she wouldn't ever forget the colour of it, either.

"Well, it is a desert planet, so-"

"Are you fucking kidding me-"

"Whoops, we're already here." Why Fae couldn't seem to concentrate that time in the ship will forever remain a mystery, as Mando had somehow managed to almost land the damn thing without her noticing. "If you hate it so much, stay here with the kid. I'll be back soon," He explained shortly, promptly disappearing down the ladder before she could retort.

"Yeah, sure!" She shouted back, although fairly certain he couldn't hear her by that point, "I'll just...boil alive. Again."

Apparently the Child, an infant creature who did not speak Basic, found her words hilarious — and proceeded to giggle excitedly.

"At least somebody finds me funny," She said aloud as she retrieved the Child to place him on her lap. His large ears were perked up high, eyes wide to a similar extent, and tint clawed hand desperately reaches up towards Fae's face.

Of course she had felt it — the force between them. The Child was like her, only perhaps he didn't know it well enough yet. And yes, she could help him figure out such a complex thing; for she was far more experienced than he seemed to be. But alas, like many similar situations, it was down to Fae's personal principles.

"I know what you want, kid," Her tone was sorrowful, regretful, despite the fact he likely wouldn't comprehend it, "and I'm sorry I'm too fractured and defective to help you. But I'll find someone else, I promise." When her lips softly grazed his forehead, the power flowing between the two was undeniable — and yet somehow Fae managed to do just that.

After quietly telling him that she was going to search for some more of the jerky, which she had been craving for weeks, Fae ventured down into the hull of the ship to begin her mission. The main hull door was wide open, but she opted to not question it — the vision of food too prominent in her mind.

She blew a bored raspberry with her lips and proceeded to smash her hand against any and all buttons and switches in sight; hoping for the glorious snack to appear — like a fucked up vending machine. Anyone could guess that such a haphazard tactic ended up being fruitless; however it did result in Fae discovering the control for Mando's armoury, and, after debating internally for a second or two, casually slipped a small blaster into her waistband.

"I'd stay in that ship if I were you!"

If Fae had been taller, her head would have likely smacked harshly against the metal ceiling due to the way she jumped out of her skin at the voice. Her initial reaction was that it was Mando, and he had just caught her red handed, snooping through his belongings. But what he supposedly said wouldn't have made much sense, along with the fact it was distinctly a female voice who had said it.

Because of the elevation Fae had by standing in the ship, as opposed to on the ground, she could clearly see the scrappy mechanic aiming her blaster inside — but it was fairly obvious that said mechanic couldn't see Fae, probably due to the lighting. What Fae could also see clearly was the Child, waddling down the ramp without a care in the world.

"Shit-" She cursed under her breath sharply, darting forward to yoink the kid up into her arms. From the corner of her eye, she did notice the mechanic's grip on the blaster tighten for a split second. Without a second thought, Fae was swiftly pointing her own, Mando's, blaster back at her. "Please, don't shoot me. I've had a dreadful day."

And just like that, the woman's look of fierceness morphed into that of confusion — even glancing back at the pair of droids behind her to exchange glances. After nobody said anything, she eventually lowered her weapon completely, leading Fae to do the same, and went as far as to take a step forwards.

"Did that bounty hunter leave you all alone in that big nasty ship?" Clearly she thought Fae was some sort of infant, otherwise she wouldn't have used the belittling tone when she spoke. Fae's features screwed up in offence.

"Okay lady, first of all, I just walked out of a ship, not a nursery. So let's fix the tone," She said, offering some sort of smile to ensure the woman did not shoot her in the face immediately afterwards.

The mechanic scoffed, rolled her eyes, and sighed all at once — and honestly, Fae was wondering whether she could figure out how to achieve that herself.

"And what's second of all?"

"Oh, right," Fae blurted with a chuckle, pausing for a second to catch her breath, "Do you have any food?"

{ for once i have no idea what to say here so imma just say...🏳️‍⚧️trans rights!🏳️‍⚧️ purely for the reason that i am correct.

anyway, thanks for reading, vote and comment because it makes me very happy :) }