twelve

Admittedly, Mando didn't actually have the faintest idea what he was doing.

Well, he knew he was charging down a random corridor, tiny green child in one hand, blaster in the other, and a high teenage girl clutching his cape. He knew all of that, because, well, it was a pretty hard situation to ignore. But what was the goal of all this? The bounty hunter had no idea -- twenty minutes ago he was sat in his ship ready to leave and never think about them again. However, not everything always goes to plan -- he knew that all too well.

Despite how strongly the odds were against them, they did eventually manage to find their way out of the building and back onto the streets of Nevarro. Fae's grip on his cape began to tremble, as well as her other hand, as a side effect to whatever it was that they had given her. And although she didn't pay any notice, he did. "Are you okay?" Mando asked as they continued a brisk walk through the town -- slightly slower than he usually would due to Fae's half-consious state.

Fae's eyebrows pulled together and her eyes held a look of serious thought as she replied, "I think I've lost all hearing in my left eye." Mando couldn't for the life of him tell if she was joking, or that what they had injected her with was just that messed up.

"Great, well, just tell me if you're going to collapse," He responded. The girl lifted her spare hand and waved his words away.

"Yeah, yeah -- look, all that's important is that you remember the plan," Fae said while giving the side of her nose a tap.

Mando's head snapped to look at her; if he wasn't wearing a helmet, she would have been able to see the incredulous expression on his face when he practically spat, "The Plan? The Plan? You think there's a plan here, kid? Please enlighten me."

"Hey, enough of the attitude!" Fae replied with narrowed eyes, "Two things -- one, I have a name; two, the plan is that if we get caught, you're deaf and don't speak basic." She spoke as if she knew exactly what she was talking about -- but in reality, she wasn't even completely sure she could even feel her toes.

Meanwhile, the pair of them had made the rookie mistake of not actually paying attention to a thing going on around them — well, Fae had. So, when Mando suddenly stopped in his tracks, the girl practically walked right into him. She was planning on opening her mouth and snapping at the back of his stupid, shiny helmet, but when she raised her eyes from staring at her feet, she saw what he saw.

By then it was already dark, so Fae had trouble making him out at first, along with all the others, but at the end of the street they had been walking down stood a man. Of course, Fae had never seen the man before in her life; but based on the way the Mandalorian tensed up in front of her, she deduced he was bad news.

"Welcome back, Mando!" The man yelled, surprisingly cheerfully considering the situation. That didn't last long however, as he then reached behind him to take out a blaster as he said, "Now put the package down, and step away from the girl." While he was talking, Fae became acutely aware of the amount of people, and blasters, in the vicinity, and despite the fact her veins were still filthy with poison, she became oddly alert.

"Step aside," Mando suddenly ordered in an equally forceful voice, "I'm going to my ship."

The man at the other end of the area chuckled softly to himself, "You leave the bounties, and perhaps I'll let you pass."

Mando didn't even move a muscle, his exterior unfazed as he spoke, "The kids are coming with me."

"Um, I never agreed to that-"

"If you truly care about the kids," The man said, cutting off Fae's whisper, "then you'll put them on the speeder and we'll discuss terms." At the mention of it, the speeder to the right of the trio suddenly woke up and started beeping at them.