2

Steve takes my hand, before leading the way out of the training room, his excitement and curiosity  getting the better of him. I have to admit it was nice seeing him like this, for it was a rare sight. I love him with all my heart but the ache in his eyes get louder every time I look at him. He just wanted the team back, he wanted his family back. It was weird because they never left, but the spirit and morale was certainly gone. The team was not really a team. It was just a house of people. Tony has resided to being either irresponsible or irritable. He would throw many parties and would get drunk of cheap beer and ancient wine, as he danced, drowning his sorrows.
Or he would hide himself away in his lab with Bruce Banner, the big green guy himself, as the work on god knows what. I may be an ex assassin who is bilingual in over 10 languages but I don't know the next thing in astrophysics and biology. That was there jazz so I leave them to it. Thor keeps up the spirits when possible with jokes and magic tricks and me and Steve say as sober as we can and exercise the pain out of us. No matter how many laps of the compound we do, the endorphins are a quick hit and then back to the lazy, dead feeling of no action and nothing to work towards.

Before I know it Steve is pushing the glass doors open, breaking my thoughts and pulling me towards Happy, one of the security guards, who is turned around taking to someone. As we grow closer I see a patch of redish, brown hair peaking out from behind him. "Umm happy? Wheres the package F.R.I.D.A.Y told me to come collect?" I ask as the figure hides behind him, completely out of sight.
Happy grasp the shoulders of the person and turns to me, saying "this is your package, Agent Romanoff. She turned up at the doorstep with a name tag, Wanda and your name underneath."
I look the little girl up and down, her big brown eyes wary and scared.
This is what Wanda looked like

I lent down lifting her head with my hands to get a better look at her, her eyes suddenly became cold and angry, red coursing through them

I lent down lifting her head with my hands to get a better look at her, her eyes suddenly became cold and angry, red coursing through them. She tugged my hand away and pouted up at me saying, "no touch." in English with a strong Russian accent. She kept her voice steady and her head high but I could see the scared look of the little girl still there on her face. She reminded me of someone. She reminded me of myself. Strong willed but observant. She knew which fights to pick and which to not. I stood up properly before announcing, "I like her, she can stay, if she wishes."

Hi, everyone I hope you liked this part, as always please leave feedback and vote 🤎🤎