𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

'I miss everyone...'

Y/n fidgetted as she sat alone in her room, eyes fixated on the plate of food that she had set in front of her.

She had settled down in a nice little home not too far away from the harbor. The kind lady, Ningguang, whom y/n had been taken to had made sure she had food, clothing and everything she needed.

Y/n didn't start her job for another two or three days so she was left to grow familiar with Liyue in the meantime.

Y/n had cooked herself some dinner after a long day of exploring. It was her favorite and her friends' favorite of course.

She didn't feel like eating. She missed home and the people she left behind.

'I hope that troublemaker doesn't cause trouble...' y/n thought then frowned, 'What if he sets the kitchen on fire again!?'

She sighed as she remembered the last time her friend tried to cook and ending up setting the house ablaze.

Y/n, the guilty young man and his sister were all forced to remain in a handstand position until their Guardian let go of his grudge and admitted that he was happy they weren't harmed.

The h/c haired woman began to tear up.

She felt so alone...

Later that night, she made a decision.

She felt foolish for praying to the Geo Archon. She hadn't had the best impression of Archons recently.

Yet here she was.

Praying to the Geo Archon.

For a friend of all things.

'This is stupid...' she thought to herself as she prepared to go to sleep, eyes sad.

Y/n flinched, letting out a quiet squeak when something fell in her kitchen.

She warily peeked into the kitchen, shaking slightly as she scanned the room.

It didn't seem as though anyone was there.

Y/n relaxed, "Oh... it's probably nothing."

She wandered back to her room and just went to sleep, wanting nothing more than to rest with fond memories to keep her company.

•••

"Come on, y/n, hurry up!"

A small y/n was struggling to keep up with the boy and girl who were running ahead of her, not once looking back at her.

"H-Hey! Wait!" she protested, trotting to a stop and breathing heavily when she lost the two in the crowd, "C-Come back..."

She was alone now.

The little girl began to tear up as her mind immediately went to the boy who always held her hand when they were outside so she wouldn't get lost.

Today, he had forgotten to do so.

"Ayumu... come back..." y/n sobbed, "I... I don't wanna be here all by myself..."

Y/n jolted awake almost immediately.

I mean, anybody would if they felt something FUZZY ON THER FACE.

WTF WAS THAT???

Y/n stared quizzically at the lizard thing that was taking a nap. On HER pillow.

Was it a lizard? It looked far too big to be one. And it as a really fuzzy tail... and it even had a mane. Like... a little lion! Horns too and scales that reminded her if a fish. Simply because they kinda glittered in the sunlight.

Y/n silently slid off her bed and peeked over the side of it so she could see the lizard.

She curiously reached out a shaky hand and booped the lizard on the nose once.

That woke it up, the lizard opening its amber eyes to stare at her.

"Hello." y/n greeted, voice hushed as though she were afraid of startling the lizard.

It blinked once. Then twice. Then trotted over to her and decided to use her shoulders as its personal couch.

The lizard was around the size of a ferret, definitely smaller, and didn't weigh much at all.

Y/n got used to the lizard being around. It seemed to understand human language so figuring out ways to communicate wasn't difficult.

Sometimes y/n would find herself rambling and would catch herself, apologizing if she had spoken too much.

The lizard always nudged her cheek with its snout as a sign that it was fine.

"-all three of us were orphans. Ayumu and Kaori's Mother died when Kaori was born. As soon as Kaori turned five, they left their home as soon as possible. You could say their Father wasn't the nicest person." y/n was saying, having put down the book she had been reading so she could speak.

The little lizard on her shoulders listened attentively and she could feel its amber eyes on her.

"We slept where we could, ate whatever we could find and even stole if things went downhill. Despite that, I couldn't have been happier." y/n continued, "We often ran around together. I mean, we were kids. We still played and laughed together. But... Ayumu and Kaori got too far ahead for me to catch up and I was left by myself."

A haunted expression was on y/n's face and the little lizard took notice of how she gripped her book tighter, "That... that was when I met that strange woman."

"I could tell she wasn't just any random woman. She had no heartbeat, but I still heard... it's hard to explain." y/n sighed and chuckled when the lizard poked her with its tail, "I'm talking too much aren't I? Apologies, it's becoming a habit. Since I haven't had anyone to speak to for a while."

"Things did get better though. An old man took us in and taught us swordsmanship. Hehe, we called him Gramps. Since he acted so grumpy but was really sweet to us." y/n chuckled, "One day, I hope to return home and see Gramps, Ayumu and Kaori again."

The lizard tilted its head and y/n glanced at it, "Is there something you want to know?"

The lizard paused then rested its head in crook of her neck again, deciding just to go to sleep instead.

"Hehe, have a nice nap then." y/n hummed.

She didn't feel so alone with the lizard around. Unfortunately, the same day she started her new job at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, the lizard disappeared.

She was a little disheartened to be honest, she'd grown used to having it around.

But then she met her new boss and her co-worker whom she was supposed to be assisting. And to be honest...

'I'm not so lonely anymore...!' y/n thought with a blissful smile.

"Y/n? You seem happy today. Did something happen?" Zhongli inquired.

Y/n shook her head, "Nope! I've just been feeling really happy today, that's all!"

Zhongli chuckled, amused, "Have you grown accustomed to Liyue?"

"Yep, I have!" y/n exclaimed, nodding, "It's starting to feel more and more like home."

The female quite literally short-circuited when Zhongli pat her head as he passed by, "I'm glad."

She stood there for a moment in shock before her cheeks heated up. She hid her face behind her hands, squealing quietly.

'HSJSGSJSHSKSJS HE PAT MY HEAD...!!!'

(WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO BE PAT ON THE HEAD BY ZHONGLI, I-)