Season 1 ~ The Party

Start from the beginning

"What?" He asks while walking to stand in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, i'm fine." I say, looking at my shoes.

"Goodnight, Henderson." He says, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into a hug.

"Well," I clear my throat, pulling away from Steve, walking backwards and hitting my back against the front door as I grab my coat from the rack. "Um...I'm going to go."

Steve nodded awkwardly and ran upstairs. I saw Nancy giggling and run up as well, knowing full well they were going to go at it tonight.

I head out the front door, seeing Barb sitting on the diving board, toes dipped in the pool as she traced the bandage over her hand.

"Hey," I call out, waving over at the girl. "You got a ride home?"

"Yeah," She sighs, picking at the bandage on her hand. "I'm taking Nancy home."

"Okay." I sigh, making my way out the back. "Night Barb."

"Night." She sighs and continues to stroke the bandage.

As I walk home, the cool air was blowing through my hair, my arms were wrapped tightly around my shivering body and a million thoughts were running through my mind at once.

Turning the corner into the driveway, I see my mom's car parked right next to Dustin's bike, indicating everyone was home.

Making my way into the house quietly placing my light jacket on the coat rack by the front door. Assuming everyone was asleep, I tiptoed into the kitchen to get a snack

"Hi." Dustin mumbled, causing me to jump and face him.

"Hey bud," I say, ruffling his curly hair as he munches on the cookies I made last week. "Isn't it time for bed?"

"Yeah." He grumbles, finishing the cookie
and putting the jar back into its original spot. He walks into his room, obviously something on his mind, but I didn't want to bother him about it.

I walk into my room and get dressed for bed, still processing everything that had happened tonight.
===
The next day I plop down at my usual lunch table with Steve, next to Carol who placed her foot on the table, rolling up her jeans.

"That's why science doesn't make any damn sense to me." Tommy says, concluding his speech with Steve.

"Carol," I roll my eyes, munching on chips as she rambled. "It's not frostbite."

"No," She rolls her eyes, shoving her foot closer to me. "I swear. Look at this. It's totally frostbite."

"Oh, thanks, man." Tommy says, food stuck in his mouth. "It's a heated pool."

"Well, if it's not frostbite," Carol whines as Nancy plops into the seat across from me. "then what is it?"

"Ugh," Steve groans. "I don't care what it is, it's disgusting."

"Yeah," I say, eating some applesauce. "Get it off the table we're eating here."

"Hey, Tommy." Nancy asks. "When you left, did you see Barb?"

"What?" He narrows his eyes.

"Barbra." She says, trying to jog his memory. "She's not here today."

"I seriously have no idea who you're talking about." He says with a snicker, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Come on," Steve says, noticing how uncomfortable Nancy was. "don't me an ass, man. Did you... Did you see her leave last night, or not?"

"No," Tommy replies, chewing on his meatloaf. "she was gone when we left."

"Probably couldn't stand all that moaning." Carol says, rolling her eyes as she shoved some vegetables in her mouth.

"Oh," Carol moans, mockingly. "Steve! Oh, Steve! Oh, Steve."

Oh, Steve..." Tommy grunts, banging his hands against the table.

Rolling my eyes, I look at Nancy sympathetically.

"I'm sure she's fine," I reassured. "I saw her when I left."

"Yeah..." She nods, looking down at her lap as Steve rubs her thigh. "Yeah, probably."

Nodding, I pick at the rest of my food listening to Tommy and Carol's antics, happy when the school bell rang so I could leave.
===