Part 24

Ashima didn't think much after her call with Kayal, she tried to not think much. But she kept having this gut feeling where Ashwin's going to follow along. She asked herself "why am I feeling like this? Is it really a gut feeling or am I secretly hoping for him to come along? I was fine all this while, just after going out yesterday with him, I've been feeling like this. What's happening to me?". While she was pondering, Kalaiyarasi knocked her room door to check if Ashima's awake. Ashima told "yes ma, I'm awake" and started to get ready. Her brother, Abishek dropped her off at the airport.

From the moment she entered the airport till she boarded the plane and went to her seat, she kept looking around to see if Ashwin appears all of a sudden. She even asked at check in counter if the seat next to her is booked. She was making herself ready for such situations, indirectly expecting him to actually come. (a/n: *ahem ahem*). But all her dreamy hopes went in vain.

She sat by the window seat and was waiting to see who's going to be seated next to her

She sat by the window seat and was waiting to see who's going to be seated next to her. Just like her dream, she was checking the in-flight entertainment, and someone said "hey, with a smile". Yet again, she was shocked after realizing who is it. But this was a shock that came along with a fear. It was Vinay, her uni-mate. She thought to herself "why him? and gave him a fake smile".

Vinay: hey, what a pleasant surprise. Ashima, right?

Ashima: yes..

Vinay: can you remember me?

Ashima: (M/v: how could one ever forget you!!) yea, I do, Vinay

Vinay: oh wow, you remember my name too, not bad. Was thinking who I am going to be traveling with in flight, thank god, a familiar face, phewww.

Ashima: (M/V: aiyoo, can someone come and help me out, this isn't a good start for my vacation) smiled at Vinay and pretended to be busy checking her phone.

Ashima quickly messaged her brother, Abishek.

Ashima: back home?

Abishek: ya ka, just reached. All good there, boarded a?

Ashima: yes, all good but guess who's here

Abishek: yaaru?

Ashima: Vinay

Abishek: what!? same flight a?

Ashima: he's sitting right beside me, ughhh.

Abishek: oh god! Did you try asking for a change of seat? Please move away from that creep

Ashima: people are still coming in, can only ask once everyone's settled down. And he might think something's wrong also la if I go and ask for seat change

Abishek: eh hello! His thoughts don't matter, okay. Just go and ask, if not he's going to ruin your flight journey

Ashima: yea yea okay, I will. Ughh why does it have to be him

Abishek: ellam un neram...

Ashima: 😒, k bye, I'll text you once I reach

Abishek: Okay ka, take care okay! Make sure to change seat if possible and don't entertain that guy

Ashima: Okays 😊

Ashima avoided having any conversation with Vinay, though he tried a few times, she either just smiled or gave one word replies to him. But, Vinay, didn't give up, he had lots to talk with Ashima. Ashima thought to herself "idhuku dhan apdi oru dream vandhucha".