Chapter 26:The Irresponsible

I thought we got on the wrong train when I heard it announced over the train PA system that this train ride ended in Nice, France. It wasn't until I check the tickets that I realized we had gotten on the right train. 

"Did you know about this?" I looked at Laura with a disapproving look. 

"About what?" she seemed clueless and Thomas laughed. 

"So I guess you knew, didn't you, Tommy?!" I yelled at Thomas. 

"We'll get to Rome soon enough, Lili, why rush it? If we went straight there we'd be stuck on an uncomfortable train all night and then probably be out of commission all day tomorrow anyway." Thomas leaned back against his seat and crossed his arms behind his head. 

"Fine." I conceded. 

"Good." he smirked, "Everyone get comfortable, we arrive in Nice in about 6 and a half hours."

"And Rome by the end of tomorrow." I huffed. We were just pushing it off and pushing it off. I wanted to get there and figure this out already. I had enough of the paranormal for my life time and now I was finally on the brink of severing this connection too, but people were getting in my way. 

The train ride was only six hours long, but it was an uncomfortable six hours while I did my best to show Thomas that his antics of turning this trip into one of leisure and fun were unappreciated, no matter how much fun the guys were excited to have. Because of this, I only really talked to Laura on the train, but even while we were talking nothing much was said because she slept a lot, claiming we were going to have a lot of fun when we arrived in Nice. 

It was almost 10 pm when we arrived and we were picked up right away by a black SUV that Laura called out to the driver of as we left the station. 

"Bonjour, Monsieur!" She greeted him. 

"Bonjour Mademoiselle, vous vous appelez Laura?" he asked. 

"Oui, je m'appelle Laura Andrews." she confirmed. 

"Merveilleux, venez avec moi s'il vous plait!" he smiled and we walked around to the back of the SUV. We loaded our suitcases into the back before piling inside and heading off. 

When we arrived in an airport parking lot, I was confused to say the least. 

"Tommy-" I went to yell at him but Laura cut in. 

"Sorry, Lia, this one was all me." she giggled, "We're going to have a great night, so please just enjoy it and explode on me later if you must."

"Tu plaisantes j'espère? Tu es mort quand on sort de cette voiture et je peux t'atteindre! Attends et vois, Laura!" I yelled and threatened her. 

She yelled back about being sorry, but I didn't want to hear it. For about 10 minutes we continued in rapid and angry French and eventually we didn't both just crossed our arms over our chests, turning away from each other and making mumbled snide comments. 

"So what just?" Colby asked Thomas as the boys started pulling luggage out of the car. 

"Chick fight, just give it a minute, they'll settle down. They always end up fighting like this." He laughed. 

"And they always do it in French?" Corey laughed. 

"No, that's new. I think it has more to do with Lili not wanting you guys to hear them cussing each other out." Thomas pat my head and I elbowed him in the ribs. 

I grabbed my bags and followed Thomas and the boys inside the building and Laura started yelling in French to the girl behind the counter for a helicopter travel company.