Chapter 1: Before the Confession

45 minutes before the flag ceremony...

Troy is quite annoyed early in the morning. His thick eyebrows are almost meeting each other from his irritated face.

He is in the waiting shed sitting in one of the tricycle that currently parking and waiting for other passengers. He can't afford the special fare, so it's better to wait for at least one more companion.

It's his birthday today but he totally doesn't feel this day at all. It's not that he wasn't greeted by his family, he was actually especially greeted by his family by waking him up at exactly 12 am in the morning, they sang the happy birthday day song and he blow a candle in a cake and all. He actually appreciate it, the efforts and gifts from his parents and three older sisters. But, yeah, he's an ungrateful child and younger brother. He really just doesn't like those kind of stuffs.

He doesn't like surprises, he doesn't like singing in the middle of the night with his half awake, half sleeping state. And most importantly, he doesn't like sweets. One more thing, the most annoying part of them all, his family, especially his three older sisters all knew that he hates those kind of things. And they purposely did that to annoy him!

Hays! He sighed. All I wish for this day is to be an ordinary day. No more surprises and please, no more sweet things. Troy silently prayed.

"Oooooh! The birthday boy!" Sulpot ng kaibigan nyang si Brian na walang ano-ano'y umupo sa tabi nya sa loob ng tricycle.

Ngumiwi lang si Troy sa kaibigang laging may malaking ngisi. Flaunting his white perfect teeth. Tsk.

"Hulaan ko, hmmm....may cake" patuloy ni Brian habang nakahawak sa baba niya at nanliliit ang mga mata.

"Ah huh" walang buhay na tugon ni Troy.

"May......  🎶 happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you, happy happy––

Agad na tinakpan ni Troy ang bunganga ng kaibigan. "Shut up!"

Hinawi ni Brian ang kamay ng kaibigang halatang iritado.

"Hahahaha! 🎶 Happy, happy––

"Gago!"

"🎶 Saeng il chukha hamni––

Patuloy ang asaran ng dalawang magkaibigan habang nasa byahe papuntang eskwelahan.

After the ten minutes ride from their home to the school, both Troy and Brian gone straight to their classroom. They are in the fifth floor in the first building from the gate of their school.

Like what Troy anticipated, no one greet him for his birthday aside from his close friend Brian. His classmates are all in their own activity in the morning. And that makes Troy really happy.

"What a great peaceful morning, la la la la" he sang on his head while putting his bag pack on his arm chair. But then, it seems like he forgot something that he should tell to someone.

"Aha!" he remembers now.

Troy goes to where his friend is seating and call him.

"Hey" tawag ni Troy kay Brian na naka pwesto malapit sa blackboard.

"I know, I know" Brian nodded repeatedly reassuring his friend that he will never tell to anyone that it's his birthday.

Troy then get back to his seat and left.

Brian just shrugged his shoulders like everything is already settled even if his close friend didn't say anything. Well, it's not like it's new to them. Since he knew this friend of him for the past seven years, Troy is always been the low key type of guy, and always wants to be labeled as "ordinary" but not shy or introvert. May ugali pa nga ito na sobrang bugnutin at masungit. Well, he just really doesn't like attention and he's not that really likeable. HAHAHA.