Chapter 2- They will be taken care of

Back at the Guild's cruise temporary headquarters, Francis is practicing his gunshot aim. Passing time in the golden hour. When the machine fires three discs, the rich man successfully shoots all three.

"Nice shot!" John cheers. "I hear the agency has abandoned their headquarters and is hidden somewhere else. It's gonna be tricky finding their new location. The port mafia is on the move as well."

"The Port Mafia is not to be concerned about," Ozumi speaks after putting her chewing gum aside, so her words are clear. "I will assure they are taken care of personally."

"You sound confident." John shows a great and forced smile. "What have you been doing these past two days?"

"Nothing that the likes of you needs to worry about."

Francis glared at them coldly, which stopped both from further arguing.

"When I was just a boy," Francis started. His voice lights in nostalgia. "I worked for two years in order to afford a gun like this. But I couldn't and I killed four people." he rests his hand on his hip, his other hand spins the infamous revolver that is used by all Guild members. "And now I own the company that manufactures the same guns."

John has the same light hearted smile on his face. As he listens intently. Ozumi starts to chew on her cheek, hoping this story will get somewhere soon.

Skillfully, he stops the spinning gun and holds it pointed to the sky.

"Money is the root of all evil." Francis empties the revolvers cylinder. Three bullets fall to the palm of his hand "Everytime you want something, you lose something in return. In time, the world becomes as tiresome as blue from burning weaves." he pauses to hand the revolver to John. "And that's the reason, John, Ozumi," the machine throws another three discs at command. Francis assumes the position, the three bullets between the fingers of his right hand "That I can honestly say, my world has never been brighter."

The discs cross the air above the ocean, still gaining height and momentum. Just then, Francis activates his special ability and is involved by a greenish hue. He adjusts his arm behind his back and rises his leg in the air right before he thrusts the bullets forward. In one hurl, all bullets hit the respective disc and they blow up in an aggressive explosion of red and yellow flames. The blast shakes the cruise, but the three members on its bow stand firm.

Francis laughs menacingly.

"I'll see to it that this city is mine."

***

"No matter what country we're in, being in nature really soothes the soul."

John is crouched behind weeds analyzing the map.

"I couldn't disagree with you more," Ozumi responds, her arms crossed around her chest. "The brims of my dress are wet and muddy. In no time the wet fabric will brush my ankles. Just the thought of it is hateful."

Some would give Ozumi a side eye for wearing long dresses, even when in combat missions. Those fools had no understanding of her ability. She wore sleeveless dresses for a reason. The dark and menacing colours were nothing but personal taste. On that sunny and hot day, she wore the darkest tone of red there was in her wardrobe. There was also a reasoning behind her chin length curls. Too many were the times she had burned locks of graying dark brown hair.

On John's right side, stands Horward. His skin was paller than paper and always wears a complete suit and a black, long jacket over it. No matter the season.

John was truly the only one that blended in with his 'happy go lucky' attitude and sunny coloured, light clothes.

"Alright," John looked up from the map and gazed at the forest in front of them. "It looks like the Port Mafia's gift is straight ahead."

"Why are we doing this when it's obviously a trap to lure us out?" Horward's voice is toneless and the sentence drags on with his lack of energy.

"It was too juicy to pass up." John explains. "If we succeed in the abduction, we have won against the Agency."

Ozumi sighs harshly.

"The true mystery is," she glares at the two men beside her. "Your presence here. Just yesterday I told you I would handle all businesses with the Port Mafia."

"Don't be like that. We are on the same side, after all." John says. "We will let you be in charge. Besides, none of them will be at the scene. It's just us and the Agency members. Consider us your support, if you like."

His open smile made Ozumi turn away. One day, she ought to burn that smug smile off his face. Horward was tolerable, but Ozumi was never one to get along with happy people. Even the ones who hide pathological assassins inside.

***

A/N:

Happy April Fool's day! The short chapter could be a joke, but nope. This is all of it. I did say I would do 1 episode per chapter. What this means is that this chapter doesn't even reach 1000 words, but the next one might or might not have 3000 words. You will have to find out next week.

I took the chance of a shorter chapter to give more insight into Ozumi's personality and appearance in some way. The picture is not at all finished, but you will find out more soon enough.

Thank you to everyone who is already following the story! I appreaciate your support.