Prologue: Confession and Confusion

It's monday morning at This Story's High School open field. The students from the junior high to senior high is gathered and in horizontal line up based on their grade's section facing the north side flagpole.

The whole field is full of noises from the high spirited youth's in the monday morning on the 15th of October, year presently. It's not the first day of school, but the once a week flag ceremony is diligently executed by this institution.

Troy Anthony Villanueva, an average 12th grader senior high is one of the students that ordinarily attending the flag ceremony. Nakapila si Troy sa bandang gitna ng linya ng mga lalaki sa section nila. Like everyone else, he's casually talking to his friend/classmate-- Brian, na nasa unahan nya.

Troy is just an ordinary guy physically and mentally, he's neither that good looking nor that very smart kind of high school boy. Nothing special about him, like even if you dress him in a neon green t-shirt among the white dressed, you'll just unconsciously ignore him.

From his name to his face, he's exceptionally ordinary, except-- from his thick and dark eyebrows and eyelashes. That maybe gives him, at least a small amount of charisma.

"Good morning everyone, please be settled and we'll now start the flag ceremony. For the morning prayer--

The husky voice from the speaker made by the student council's president-- Ethan Sebastian Salonga makes all the students shut their mouths and behaves themselves.

The weekly flag ceremony smoothly sailed and finished after fifteen minutes, but the students are all still on their spot's waiting for the further announcements.

Once again, the student council president steps in front of the mike stand. He starts announcing the future events that's coming up for the next month.

You can see from the gaze of all the students and even teachers that present in that ceremony the attentiveness that are being given to the spoke person.

Because, for heaven's sake, it's fucking "Ethan Sebastian Salonga"-- The most popular human being in This Story's High School.

You can hear his name in every corner of this school and no one, even the tiniest micro termite in this school doesn't know his godly name.

At the entrance of the school gate, you can see his name in a white tarpaulin hanging above the gate itself. It's a congratulatory signage from his award winning national poem piece last month.

His name is also in every corner of the bulletin board, in every floor of this school. And even in every classroom. It was maybe from winning in whatever competition or just some random posters.

Ethan Salonga here, Ethan Salonga there.

He's that popular that sometimes you'll be mistakenly put his name on your 1/4th sheet of paper instead of your own name because of the, what these school's students saying "LNS" or Last Name Syndrome.

It's also no wonder if you unintentionally have that syndrome, because you can say that every trait that Ethan has, were inherent. Like he was born as genius as he is, and the good looks and tall height is not a plus but a given, naturally given.

In short, he is worth stanning.

Ethan gives a slant gentle smile after speaking. It makes the audiences giggles, mostly the female students and some boy's that admired him secretly. He's just a natural charmer, obviously.

On the other hand, those gestures makes one of the thick eyebrows of Troy slightly up.

Don't get the wrong idea, he doesn't hate that well liked guy. He's not that shallow or irrational, by hating popular people because they are popular. He's just somehow affected by that ssc president for unknown reason. Even him can't describe it. Well, maybe because he's currently in his eyesight right now.