FIN : WE DESERVE A HAPPY EPILOGUE, MY LOVE.

Start from the beginning

Music whispered in her ear, with the soothing sound of her pen against the screen of her iPad, and suddenly everything felt right for Yukimi. Yes, she missed her friends under the arches of the library but it was inevitable. If this were set two years prior, Yaku would be to her left, muttering formulas, and Tetsurou would be to her right, rubbing her back in circles since her readings just keep piling up. She would sometimes meet up with Bokuto and would just enjoy the free time she will get, sipping bubble tea and talking shit behind Tetsurou's back (this will always result in the messy-haired boy sarcastically pointing out Bokuto's idiotic yet endearing moments just to get back at him). Kenma sometimes visited her all the way from the business department, his girlfriend, Hikari, in tow, bringing along take-outs that they will indulge in.

There were times, however, where she cherished being alone. The constant hum of the air-conditioners in the study hall. The solitude she chose after every exam, basking in the yellow leaves of the ginkgo trees lining the pathways. But in the end, she will always come back to the company of lavender-scented hugs.

It was nearing dark when Yukimi decided that she would continue her readings in the comfort of her home. With arms hugging her textbooks to her chest and her scarf wrapped around her neck, the caramel-eyed girl walked leisurely to the station. As the train dashed past the buildings that glowed like stars, Yukimi let herself be swept in the memoirs that she held dear in her chest.

The past six years were all beautiful in their own ways.

In their third year of high school, Nekoma was finally standing among the many competitors for the nationals. It was the peak of their momentum as volleyball players, knowing that most of them are in doubt about pursuing the sport even after they graduate college. The Battle of the Trash Heap unfolded and proved to be one of the most nerve-wracking games during that season. As much as everybody was saddened by their loss, the members of the Nekoma volleyball club felt a sense of satisfaction in achieving their goal. Yukimi originally thought the match was in their favor but it turns out Karasuno was capable of flying in even greater heights, only for their wings to be cut down by the vines Kamomedai implanted on the court. Everybody was rooting for the underdogs and it was the right decision to do so. That year, a different underdog of a school dominated the nationals, sweeping the crown of victory from Fukurodani.

Their graduation was a bittersweet moment. The remaining members of their clubs lined up in front of the third years, some of them holding back tears. Their spring ended with smiles and glittering teardrops of happiness, making way for the start of spring of the rest of Nekoma's volleyball club.

Their college years were golden. In the first semester of university, Yukimi decided to share an apartment with Tooru (who promised himself that after half a year in Tokyo, claiming that Yukimi doesn't have to be lonely, he will be flying abroad to continue pursuing the sport he loved most in the world). When he went away, the dark-haired girl couldn't help but shed a few tears in the airport since it would take years for her to see her brother again. Tetsurou had to invite her to his shared apartment with Bokuto because it looked like Yukimi needed someone, the latter boy of gray streaks even joined in hugging the dark-haired girl, which made her cry even more. At the start of their third year in college, Bokuto decided that he'll be moving out from Tetsurou's apartment to live with Akaashi, who was also moving out of their university dorms. That was the start of sharing one home for Tetsurou and Yukimi.

A year after her boyfriend graduated and finally earning a job at Japan Volleyball Association, he surprised her with a bought house in Shibuya, following with it a proposal that sent Yukimi in a bawling mess.

Their wedding was oneiric.

It was Yukimi's birthday, the cherry blossoms in full bloom when it happened. The pink petals created a train from the entrance arch towards the altar. Tetsurou said that the date was perfect because it was when everything started, spring in full bloom and hugs that amount to the vastness of the universe. She told him it was cheesy yet there was a bubble of warmth in her stomach when he said those words. That was not the only thing that made her tear up when she was walking down the grassy field with Kiyoko helping her, it was also in the form of a familiar man clad in a black suit, hands combing through his styled brown hair.