Forever & Ever

A/N: surprise bitches, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me

[Luke - a year later.]

"Well, here we are!" Calum's mum grinned, turning off the car.

The three of us got out, Calum promptly going to get Oscar out of his travel crate while I just looked at the little house.

It was so weird, coming back here. It had been around eight years since I had been back here. Tay had come back with Mikey during one of his tours, and Calum had stayed here while he was in college, so I was really the only one who hadn't seen this house in forever.

It was kind of surreal. Everything looked so much smaller, yet it looked... The same. That didn't make sense.

Calum wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my temple knocked me out of my admiration. "Come on, babe," he smiled, guiding me towards the house.

We followed his mum up the steps and into the familiar house. I grinned widely, all the memories rushing back to me as I looked around.

"Come on, you guys must be starving!"

"You can say that again," Calum laughed as we dropped our bags onto the floor beside our shoes and followed Mrs. Hood into the kitchen, while Oscar bounded off to explore.

"Tay and Mikey are already here," she explained, pulling a plate of something out of the fridge. "But I think they're sleeping. You guys are getting your old room, Calum."

"Sounds good," he smiled, looking at me, and I just nodded, looking around the kitchen.

Honestly, not much had changed. It was cleaner, if anything, and that was no surprise. There weren't three teenagers running around the place anymore, which must be such a relief to Calum's parents.

I heard Calum yawn loudly, and I realised that I was honestly exhausted. "What time is it?" I asked, standing up and looking over at the clock on the wall beside the fridge, but noted with disappointment that within the years we had been gone, it had stopped working.

"I think it's almost 10pm..." Mrs. Hood nodded.

"Oh god, so it's 6am in New York," Calum groaned, leaning his head on the counter. I just laughed, rubbing his back, before stepping out of the kitchen to get my bag. "Jet lag is so awful."

Rummaging through my bag, I pulled out Oscar's bowl, and filled it up with water. "Oscar!" I called out, putting the bowl down beside the fridge, and he bounded over happily. I ruffled his ears with a smile, before returning to the conversation.

"I can imagine," Mrs. Hood said simpathetically. Just as she was going to open her mouth to say something else, footsteps were heard behind me, and Calum and I turned around to see his dad standing there, smiling.

"Dad!" Calum smiled, getting up from the counter to give him a hug.

"Good to see you, Calum," he smiled. "And you too, Luke!"

I smiled shyly, giving him a hug too. "It's good to see you again, too."

"Here you go, boys," his mum smiled, handing us each a plate of food.

We finished eating quickly, listening to Calum's parents chattering and occaisonally grunting or nodding in response, before they both decided to head to bed.

"You guys know where to go, anyways," Mrs. Hood smiled, kissing the top of our heads before leaving.

I took Calum's finished plate and put the two of them in the sink while Calum went to grab our bags. "Do we need to get our suitcases?" I asked him, trying to take my bag but he slapped my hand away.