---

I called my mother to help pick me up, but her car had broken down. I'm as vulnerable as a mouse being circled by hawks. I constantly check over my shoulder for the green eyed man in question. By fanfiction rules, he'll probably turn up anywhere. He seems to exist in all places at all times. I keep picturing a creepy little Harry pouncing on me from the rosebushes or out from under a car. I can't predict anything these days.

Somehow, I thought him into existence because his voice was booming from a blue Mustang he'd pulled over on the shoulder. "Heyyyy!" He calls like I'd offended him.

I don't have the mental capacity for this. His doll-like gaze should not be set on me of all people. I rev the engine of my feet, jogging uphill. His car rumbles as he tailgates me. I'm a sheep chased by a shepherd.

"Why are you running from me? Have I done something?"

I don't look over. I don't slow down. I am ridiculous, trying to outrun the 10mph he's pushing on the mustang. Jasmine's cardio is no Captain America, and there's no corners to turn to now.

"Please, I just want to talk! Today's been weird and--I haven't done something, have I?"

The worry carrying through his voice makes him hard to ignore. I have to recognize that he's just a character in a book. His feelings aren't real, they can't get hurt.

With my energy fully expended, I give in, resting my hands on my knees. Before I could catch my breath, Harry had slammed his door and was standing at my toes. He smells of vanilla and cigarettes.

Of course it had to be vanilla.

"Why are you afraid of me?"

His black belt is inches from my eyes. I have no choice but to confront him now.

"I'm not...afraid of you." I speak between labored breaths.

ijustwokeupinthewrongbodyandhavebeencreepilyfantasizingaboutourperfectlifetogetherasahappilymarriedcoupleandidreamaboutyousothisisallalittlemuchokaySEESOON.

"Then why run? Why won't you even look at me?"

If I answered truthfully, he'd be like Niall, seeing me as a feral dog that would be better off euthanized. It wouldn't make any sense to him. "I c-, I can't" I stutter a pathetic reply. His sultry voice already has a kaleidoscope of butterflies fluttering around my stomach, how could I possibly gain the courage to look him in the eyes?

Escaping the crotch view, I rotate around, standing upright with my hands laced together over the back of my head. I have to face this and I can't lose my shit. I have to remember he's not real. One Direction doesn't exist here; Harry is fictional.

"You can't?" His voice is close behind my ear as I quicken the pace. "Where are you going? Why do you keep running from-? Hey!" He jumps in front of me and I raise my hands to brace between our chests. "Look at me!"

Cupping his chicken thigh sized pecs in each hand felt disrespectful to linger on. I remove my hands faster than you can say 'consent'.

"Hey," He coos softer, to deescalate. He touches me for the first time, using his thumb and finger to raise my chin to eye level. 

Now I'm forced to meet those...emera---fuck you! You thought I was going to say it? Not in my story, bitch, those are jade eyes. Fake jade eyes.

He's fake he's fake he's fake.

Like he'd cast a bright rubber bait on a fishing line, I am entranced by his vibrancy. He's everything I'd seen in pictures and more. From this closeness, his peach hairs are visible, softening his blade-like jaw. His lips were perfect--and I mean perfect. The heart shape and fullness were complimented by the red pigment and hydration. Worst of all were the eyes, which trapped me in their wide glance like I was under Jafar's curse. I couldn't believe how real he looked. I could tug at his cheeks if I wanted to. This may be a character, but it was a jarringly surreal illusion.