I step-

No.

I step-

No I fucking don't. Stop.

I skip-

Now, what the hell?! When would I skip anywhere? I can't take a single step without hearing about it. It's like all my actions are all preconceived for me.

I leave the bathroom-

Fine, you win. It's either the annoying head voice or I stay frozen in front of the bathroom mirror. So long as I'm not skipping.

I leave the bathroom, hoping if I rub my eyes hard enough, I'll start seeing properly.

I need to talk to my mother. If I go downstairs, will I be rapunzeled with a pan? There are very few recognizable characteristics about me. I'm like the hotter, distant cousin to myself. Either way, I guess I have...school? To get ready for?

Slipping into comfortable attire, I set out to leave in-

Hey! Absolutely not. We don't need to describe a mundane outfit. It doesn't matter, I'll probably just hide in a hoodie all day anyways.

I set out to leave in a tank top, knitted cardigan, and black lulu leggings.

Uhh, who planned that one? Embarrassing. Hey Jane, your millennial is showing. You look like you started watching Bethany Mota too late in your adolescence. And why did we describe the outfit? No one is here with you.

Peeking at my phone, I notice the lockscreen to be a picture of a starbucks drink. I drop the phone onto my comforter, like it's toxic waste.

Could this girl be anymore basic? And ya, I'm not claiming her as myself. I hope to safely make it back into my body by tomorrow.

--

After filling up on sweet blueberry pancakes, I-

Hello? How did I get here?

I'm standing in the driveway, just outside my mothers car. I think I'm supposed to get in, but I refuse to move. I am dreadfully lost.

I just blinked and apparently I'm full now? And my mother isn't sending me to boarding school? There's a backpack slung over my shoulder, but why am I going to school at 20 years old? I need to prevent that blackout from happening again so I can get the truth from someone in the family.

I await my mother, refusing to crawl into the passenger's seat until i receive some clarity.

Alright, I'm getting used to this whole, descriptions in my head thing. As long as I stay cognizant to my actions, I shouldn't be brought anywhere without my consent, right? Let's test it.

I tap my finger on the top of the car.

See? Easy, simple. I did that all by my own intention.

I take a cautious step backward, shutting the car door.

Got it. Let's do something more complex

I stare down at the frost that blankets the blades of grass before me, questioning how cold it had gotten last night. Approaching the lawn, I fulfill a childlike urge to hear the satisfying crunch of winter.

Oh, it's winter is it? Apparently, I knew that.

"Sorry, about that, dear. Was having some car troubles earlier." My mother rushes out the front door, so I don't hesitate to join her in the car.