our story.

listen to heather (slowed and reverb) (1 hr) for the first half of the story <3
this is in 2nd person pov :)

It's the end of our story now. It's too late to turn back now, all decisions have been made. Here I am, looking at the stars I once used to look at with someone so very special to me. Back then, if only I was a bit earlier, maybe I would've had a chance. Life is unfair, but what can you do about it? Absolutely nothing.

I reminisce on the days where we would hang out 24/7, and we'd never leave each other until our parents texted us to go home. I remember the days we'd walk to and from school, where it was always just the two of us, no one else. Everyone always thought we were dating, but we always denied everything, saying we were most definitely NOT dating. Little did I know, I was just denying my feelings for you.

I would usually think to myself, "Do I like him?" and I'd scoff and laugh to myself. I'd always think, "Pfft, no way! I could never like my best friend! That only happens in cheesy romance movies." But again, little did I know, it was possible. And how much luckier did I get when I realized I got to experience it for myself? And boy, how much it ached inside of me.

It all started that one day we were hanging out. We were walking back home from school and decided to take some stupid shortcut through the forest. It was a big mistake, but you somehow persuaded me to go. You've always been like this, so persistent and so bold, so confident. And that's what I like about you. You did have slight anger issues, and I admit it did scare me sometimes, but when you calmed down, you'd always give me a soft look and hug me tightly, mumbling over and over again, "I'm sorry."

I tied my shoes extra tight just so I didn't trip in the forest. You nudged me to go first, and I pouted asking you to go first and to lead the way. You rolled your eyes and went first. I followed behind you, while also looking at our surroundings. It was beautiful, I've never really paid close attention to nature before, but it sure was beautiful. It made me calm, especially since I was with you in the forest. You never left my side ever since childhood, and I wish it would've stayed like that forever.

At one point, I was distracted, and I realized you were gone, not in front of me anymore. I started panicking, thinking to myself, "DID HE REALLY ABANDON ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS FOREST?"

"Katsuki? Where are youu?!" I yelled, cupping my mouth.

Silence fell. I started growing nervous by the second because I didn't know my way out either.

"KATSUKI! THIS IS NOT FUNNY! I'M GETTING SCARED AND YOU'RE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!" I yelled, stomping my foot in anger.

All of a sudden, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I turned around, and there you were.

"Boo!" You yelled.

"AHH~ ! BAKUGO KATSUKI! THAT IS NOT FUNNY! WHAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF YOU REALLY LEFT?! I WOULD'VE BEEN LOST!" I yelled, slapping your arm.

You just laughed at my anger, like you usually do. Unlike other people, I don't piss you off at all. Yes, I might trigger you sometimes, but I don't get you angry. No matter how hard I try. You say it's because I'm not trying hard enough, I say it's because I'm special, because I'm your best friend. No one knows but me, and that is you have a soft side. Especially for me. I especially enjoyed that side, and I tend to tease you about it from time to time. Looking back at those moments, I really miss those times.

"Well then, I guess I'd just have to find someone to replace you," You chuckled.

I gave you an unimpressed look while crossing my arms, and tilting my head.