THREE

Iris had finally got back to the "camp" the girls had all collectively decided upon

Iris had finally got back to the "camp" the girls had all collectively decided upon. After a long journey of confusing twists and turns, she wasn't quite sure she would make it back. Once she successfully returned, Martha noticed how closed off the girl seemed to be.

She was seated alone in the cold sand at the base of the shore, helping a poor crab that the current had flipped over. Still upset over what happened with Shelby.

"Boo!" Iris suddenly heard, making her jump in shock. She quickly turned around, and slightly smiled when she saw the familiar brunette.

"Can I sit?" Toni asked. Not waiting for an answer, she then plopped down beside Iris in the damp sand. This made Iris crack a bright small smile, which Toni swore made her heart leap out of her chest.

"What if I said no?" Iris finally spoke, a mischievous glint in her eyes. However, they both knew Iris would never say no to Toni, about anything. "Yeah, right." Toni snorted. The two girls then exchanged a few laughs.

Iris laid her head onto Toni's shoulder, seeking some kind of comfort. Toni noticed that Iris was holding and gripping onto her left hand, there was a slight red mark on her palm. "That little bastard got me." Iris snorted out as she saw Toni glance at her palm.

"I know what will make it better." Toni smirked, taking Iris's hand out of her lap and up to her mouth. She brought the girls palm up to her lips and gave it a kiss. Iris laughed out a giggle, a bright red blush on her cheeks.

"Thanks T." Iris spoke, looking up at the slightly taller girl. As if under a spell the two girls couldn't look away from one another. Toni then started to lean in. That was until, Martha thumped down beside them.

"You little cockblock." Toni whispered in Martha's ear. Of course, Iris was oblivious to this.

——————-

After everyone, Shelby, safely made it back to the group, it was announced that the phone was working again.

They were all crowded around Rachel as she held the phone in her hands, desperately trying to take upon the leader role, again.

"Listen, we have to be strategic. We only have one bar and almost zero battery left. Every second counts." Rachel said as she addressed the group.

"May I just say, I am ready to make the call, okay?" Shelby interrupted with a grin on her lips as she looked at the phone in Rachel's hands. Everyone turned to look at her, watching as she eyed the device. "My aunt is a 911 operator..."

"No." Rachel interrupted instantly, with Dot nodding her head in agreement from beside her. "911 is out, it doesn't work in every country and we don't know where we are. So if we're closer to like, Japan, 911 is useless."

"Japans emergency number is 119." Nora told them all, not that Iris would admit it out loud but she found herself getting annoyed by the girls wasting time. She honestly and truly just wanted to get the hell home, excluding the fact that she never really had one in the first place.