When it Burns, It scorches.

Zuko took a deep breath before sliding open the door to his cabin. Katara would be there waiting for him. He had walked into his chambers countless times, knowing she would be there, and it never made him nervous before. What was different this time?
That questioned gnawed at him like a polar bear-dog on a bone. Was anything different this time? Would Katara receive him as her loving Lord or as her captor? Her words when he proposed that they have tea together tonight, "If you wish," implied a resigned indifference to her fate.
Katara accepted all this without much complaint. Her stated reason was that honor and duty obligated her to do so, but Zuko suspected other motives as well. She had not a desire for power, exactly, but rather a longing to leave a positive impact on the world, to leave it a better place than she found it. According to Azula, Katara had also developed a taste for the types of luxuries available to a royal consort, though the little savage would never admit it. Zuko also flattered himself that the attraction he felt towards Katara was reciprocated. Whenever he touched her during their sparing sessions, Katara blushed and lowered her eyes, but she no longer pulled away, even when his hand brushed against her breast by accident. This was why he came to her tonight to see if his suspicions were correct.
The women, aside from Azula and Lady Kanna, had left the summit early. They were lucky. All the men had to talk about were trade deals and military alliances that nearly put Zuko to sleep. He made his excuses and bid goodnight to his men and to the Water Tribe delegates as soon as he could, making sure to add, "My Lady is expecting me in our chambers," as a dig at Chief Sokka. Chief Sokka caught onto Zuko's implication and looked like he wanted to snap Zuko's neck.
The Water Tribesman did plenty to provoke Zuko, so Zuko had earned the right to return the favor.
Smirks and knowing smiles followed Zuko as he left the Great Hall. Zuko knew what they were all thinking. Rumors surrounded him and Katara since she had arrived onboard the ship. The Prince has repeatedly dishonored her. I don't blame him; it would be a shame if he hadn't. At least he did the honorable thing and claimed her as a royal consort.
Though this whispering embarrassed Zuko, he longed for it all to be true.
A few smoldering embers were all that remained of the fire in the center of Zuko's quarters. With one of his own flames, Zuko stoked the fire back into a roaring flame.

Jasmine incense wafted throughout the chamber, along with lively music played on a gottan

Jasmine incense wafted throughout the chamber, along with lively music played on a gottan. It was hard for Zuko to believe that Mai's slender, knife-wielding fingers plucked out such delicate, cheerful sounds.

 It was hard for Zuko to believe that Mai's slender, knife-wielding fingers plucked out such delicate, cheerful sounds