(un)usual family dinner

[3rd person narrating]

The Coopers. They are Riverdale's perfect family. The mother, Alice Cooper and her husband, Hal Cooper, are the owners of the Riverdale Register, and they live richly in a big perfect house in Helm Street with their two perfect daughters: Polly and Betty Cooper. Nobody could've imagined that Betty would've fallen for the bad guy, gang leader, Jughead Jones. He actually becomes a softie when he's with her. Her family knew she was dating someone, but didn't know who.

Anyways, every month Alice invites the whole Cooper-Blossom family for an informal dinner; Betty has always hated these dinners and just wanted to escape, to run away from all that perfectness that she never wanted.

Jughead had begged Betty numerous times to introduce him to her family, but she didn't want because she knew they wouldn't have approved it.

But that evening, right before the beginning of the dinner, something changed in Betty. She was getting ready in her room when Alice stormed in.

"why do you keep the door closed? You know I hate closed doors. Anyways, where is the dress you're going to wear tonight?"

Betty was sitting in front of the mirror "it's on the bed" she answered not looking at her;

Alice picked up the dress and looked at it with a disgusted face "no way you're going to wear this in front of the whole family, it's inappropriate" she said turning to betty "pick another one and try to not ruin everything and embarrass me like you always do"

Betty turned to her and looked at her but didn't say anything.

"And don't put that much make up on, you seem a slut. Hurry up, our guests will be there in 10 minutes" then she started walking to the door, but then turned around and said "I'm not surprised you don't want to tell us the identity of your boyfriend, because you invented this whole story to hide the disappointment you really are" then she walked out leaving the door open.

Betty was actually used to this, but this time, THIS TIME was too much, it was time to do something, so she stood up and closed the door, then picked up her phone and dialled Jughead's number.

"hey baby" his voice was so soft

"hey Jug" she said "you remember I told you about the informal family dinner tonight, don't you?"

"yes... why?"

"I think it's time for them to meet you. How long does it take you to be there?" her voice was warm

"do I have to dress elegant?" his tone had changed

"Oh, no! don't worry about that, we won't stay for long"

*at the dinner*

[BETTY'S POV]

I had ignored my mom about changing the dress and she has been giving me looks for all the dinner. We were sitting at the table and taking turns everyone talking about their recent purchases, complaining about the maids and all such nonsense rich shit that was making me sick. And then finally the doorbell rang, everyone stopped talking and Jackie, the braid, started going to open the door, but I stood up and said "oh, don't worry Jackie, I'll go open" my mother gave me a look but didn't want to say anything in front of our guests. The sound of my heels echoed throughout the dining room as I opened the door and walked out, then I crossed the big hall and finally opened the front door and finally saw him, looking at my with those blue eyes that I can't resist. He was wearing, as always, black jeans and black shoes, his T-shirt with the S and the leather jacket of the Serpents, his gang. He was holding a bunch of calla lilies, he knows they're my favourite.

[JUGHEAD'S POV]

When she opened the door I saw her, beautiful as always. She was wearing an emerald green dress, like her eyes, with a plunging neckline that showed a little of her breasts, meaning she wasn't wearing a bra; the skirt was long to the floor with a large side slit and heeled shoes. She had her hair down to her shoulders, and she was wearing light makeup but with a fiery red lipstick. I didn't have the time to say anything because she came over and kissed me, so I took her around her waist and puller her closer, she deepened the kiss and slipped her tongue into my mouth and I did the same.

She pulled away and I stared into her eyes "hi to you too, Betts" she giggled as she took my hand and led me into the big hall of the house and closed the door behind me

"I'm so happy you're here, babe" she said turning at me "I'm just introducing you to the whole family and then we just go away"

"you are gonna ride the motorcycle with that dress and these heels?" I said

"Well, did you bring my helmet and my jacket, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did, but..." I started saying but she interrupted me "I'm gonna change these heels with a pair of Nike and I have a pair of shorts worn under this dress, so you don't need to worry about that, Jug" she smiled kissing my cheek

Then she started walking to the dining room holding my hand, I was looking around watching the house, I've been here before, of course, but I've never had the time to look at it like it really was... so big and so... expensive... it made me feel a little uncomfortable, actually, and I think she noticed it because she stopped and turned at me "Jug...hey" she put a hand on my cheek "look at me. I know you're feeling uncomfortable, but you're perfect the way you are. so please ignore all this shit" how could I not love her? "I love you" I said "I love you too. Now come on" she said taking my hand again "we're about to make an epic entrance!"

We walked through all the hall and after turning around a corner she stopped in front of a double big withe door and she looked at me, took a deep breath and then turned, opened both doors and walked in the dining room taking me in with her; everybody looked up at us and Alice said through gritted teeth "what is he doing here?" Betty looked at everyone and then said "My dear family, I wanted to introduce you, Jughead, my boyfriend" everyone gasped and Alice stood up "No way, Elizabeth! I told you, I don't want you to date this... this jerk!" Betty looked at her with defiant eyes "I date whoever the fuck I want. And for the record, I love him" turned around and kissed me; since I am myself I grabbed her waist and deepened the kiss. The family's looks were shocked and disappointed at the same time. She pulled away, looked at me and then turned at them "Now we're leaving, I'm sick tired of all of this and all of you spoiled riches. Bye" she took my hand and leaded me out basically running.

She took her heeled shoes off and put on the Nike she had left near the door, then we went out, she grabbed her serpent jacket from my motorcycle, I sat on the motorbike and put on my helmet as she put on hers, then she lifted her green skirt, revealing a pair of black shorts, and sat behind me. She grabbed me as I started the motorbike and Alice came out almost running "Don't you dare go away on that motorcycle with that guy, Elizabeth!" Betty raised her middle finger as we skidded away.

Thank you so much for reading this, I really hope you liked it. ❤️ I know this was pretty long for being a one-shot but I literally got kidnepped by the plot so... yeah haha

requests for others one-shots are open 👩🏼‍💻