🔺 Chapter 39🔻

Start from the beginning

"Folabi again?" She asked and Eniola, "Why are you making it sound that way?" "What way?" Osas asked and she stalled then she cleared her throat.

"Let's go" Folabi echoed from the other end and Osas laughed, "No be Folabi voice be that?" "Yeah ..  I needed his help to...check out the footage at the hotel and..." She cleared her throat swallowing hard. 

"And...."

"Why are you saying that?"

"Nothing" Osas shrugged, "Ooooo....Kay. I was um... I was going to ask how he's doing?" "Who?" "Our birth father" "Oh Papa, you can call him Dad"

"Easy for you to say, you had no father growing up" she replied then she cleared her throat, "Sorry, that sounds bad" "Maybe I just have to get used to the fact you're naturally rude."

"What I meant was that, I already have a man I call Dad."

"Well.... Papa is fine but his other children are here"  "Some family reunion huh?" She asked sarcastically and Osas chuckled, "I wish, the second child is just like you, she has been shouting since she came" "Treat her fuck up, isn't that your best role?"

"I just met her, I'm giving her time, I could have beaten you at the retreat, but I didn't. Are you coming? The first son will soon be here, we'll be having a family meeting whether to have that woman released or not"

Eniola gibed, "They had better not!" "Will you be here?" "I have to go to the hotel" "Oh. Okay, later now" "Bye"

Nana walked into Vera's sitting room pulling Tacha's bag. "Good morning Nana" "Good morning Vera, where's that human being?" She asked and Tacha got out. "Nana" she called out and Nana hissed.

"What's your own Tacha? Are you the only one? It was your pregnancy before now it's drugs"

"Pregnancy?" Vera asked in surprise and Tacha glared at her Nana. "They're not supposed to know yet"

"What's there? You're pregnant, there are no two ways about it. The child has a father,  all we just have to do is fix and put the right thing in place"

Vera shook her head.

Phoenix Hotel

Eniola and Folabi walked into the hotel towards the receptionist, "Good morning Ma, you're welcome to Phoenix hotel,you couple look amazing together. Do you want to book a room or you're here to relax?"

Eniola gasped and Folabi laughed, "God you're so forward! How can a person talk without reason" "Isn't that like a forte?" Folabi asked her and she rolled her eyes and he turned towards the receptionist. "We are not here for any of the options you listed and we're not couples either."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't even know"

"Don't sweat it. She has an appointment with the manager by this time"

"Oh. You're Miss Eniola Badmus"

"Barrister Eniola Badmus" Eniola corrected and the receptionist bowed her head, "Forgive me Barrister, you may see him now"

"Thank you" she replied and Folabi shook his head, "Barrister Eniola Badmus" he mimicked, "You're so full of yourself" "There's respect in titles and there are places you go to and you just have to prove you're bitch before you're respected." "Being a bitch doesn't work all the time, no man wants to get married to a bitch, a man wants a wife"

"What does marriage have to do with this discussion right now?"

"For someone who hoped to be married before Jemima, it's just a piece of advice for future sake. You have to lose the rotten character before any man can consider you" he advised walking past her and she halted in thought.