unexpected

001, UNEXPECTED

Rainy days were rather beautiful in your opinion.

And yet you also hated the gloomy atmosphere that caused a cloud of dullness to shift over one's heart and mind. While you were always lazy, it seemed as if rainy days enhanced this trait, and more often than you liked to admit you found yourself unable to do a thing.

Living in Seattle didn't help this predicament that you were stuck in. The city was known for its wet and murky atmosphere, practically making everyday the ideal weather for a funeral like the ones in movies.

The rain also took away the sun, something that you had loved from an early age. In your opinion it was a crime that was only worthy of a sentence of death. When the rain took the sun, it brought along the discomfort of the darkness, and in these moments not even opening your blinds or turning on the lights would help the situation.

With an exasperated sigh, you switched the side of your pillow, hoping for a cool feeling against your cheek but to your dismay you were met with a warm one.

I take it back. Rainy days suck ass.

Frustration took over, causing you threw your stupid pillow across your cluttered room, where it landed onto the ground with a thud.

With much effort, you sat up leaning against your bed frame letting your eyes wander around your room. Your desk was littered with all sorts of things, from pens and highlighters to papers and your many textbooks. And of course how could you forget your extensive collections of monster energy cans and ramen cups.

If only your mother could see the state of your room now. The thought made your chuckle darkly. She would most definitely drag you back to her place, blaming these new little habits of yours on your best friend and roommate, Hitch.

A small buzz caught your attention and your eyes darted around the trashcan that you lived in, searching for your phone, finally spotting it a few inches away from your bed on the ground.

How did it even manage to get there?

Grudgingly, you reach your hand out towards your phone, your fingers grazing the cool surface of the screen glass but not actually succeeding in grabbing it. You puff air into your cheeks in annoyance before carefully lowering yourself further off your bed and you instantly regretted this decision as you began to fall.

A small scream escaped your lips as you landed onto the ground with a loud thud. Your phone let out another buzz and you reached for it to find a message from a group chat with a few upperclassmen who were in charge of your dorm building.

Aria. M

Quick reminder that tomorrow there's a freshmen house party in dormitory 6. Please contact one of the upperclassmen for passes.

All that work for a text about a party you weren't even going to attend. 

There was a sudden knock at your door swiftly followed by a loud bang causing you to quickly sit up, placing your hands in the air, half expecting a police officer to be there to confiscate the little weed you had left. 

But instead an over energetic Hitch came running towards you, squealing like a little pig. 

Her hazel coloured eyes were bright with excitement and her short cut brown hair bounced with every step she took. Soon enough she was seated on the ground in-front of you, completely ignorant to the mess in your room. 

"Guess what?" she asks a bright smile on her face. Her checks were tinted red from running around all over your room and her breaths were short and labours.