That smile that you gave me

Start from the beginning

I remember it all and it pretty much sobered me up but seeing Rhett, made me feel so useless and needy...that's why I called him 'daddy'. I shouldn't have done it, I shouldn't have taken advantage of him like that. That was wrong of me but I needed the affection.

When I woke up it to the sound of the TV but it wasn't loud, my ear is just great. My eyes fluttered open and the space to my right was empty. I don't get hangovers from whiskey so my head wasn't throbbing, but my eyes felt puffy and tired.

Rhett walked into the bedroom with a tray in his hands and immediately smiled as our eyes connected "Good morning, Aurora."

My lips curved into a light smile as I slowly sat up "Good morning, Rhett."

"I made waffles because I'm not going to the supermarket until tomorrow," he told, placing the tray on the bed. "And I didn't want to leave you alone, but I promise they're good even if they're from a box," he sat down on the bed. "How's the pain?"

My fingers ran through my hair; it's always messy in the morning so it needs to be fixed "It's more of a soreness and sting feeling than pain," I replied, looking at the bandage around my foot. "I've been stitched before so I know how the process goes."

"Really? What did you have stitched?" He asked, placing a strawberry into his mouth.

"My thigh; I climbed over a chain-link fence and didn't realize one of the links wasn't secured and it cut me," I told. "I was seventeen and shouldn't have been with those frat guys."

"Frat guys?" his right eyebrow arched "where does a 17-year-old meet frat guys? The United States is weird."

His comment made me genuinely laugh "Um, their mom was in the hospital suite across from my grandpa's and we became good friends. They took me to a frat party, I had sex with the older brother on the front lawn and then they wanted to take me to this place to show me their skateboarding tricks but I ended up with a cut on the back of my thigh. They rushed me to the hospital and kept on frantically asking for my forgiveness on the way there," I told, reliving every second of it. "It was one of the few times I left my grandpa's side and it was a great night, even if it ended like that."

"On the front lawn? That's outrageous!" He chuckled. "Did you fuck again after that?"

I nodded "We had sex all the time. Normally one of the suites of the floor was empty because of how it expensive it was so we would fuck there; it was too adventurous for a 17-year-old," he seemed quite interested in the story. "What? Do you want all the details?"

"If possible," he shrugged, making me laugh.

"He was quite experienced for a 21-year-old white man," I said. "He knew his way around a vagina and wasn't scared to try anything new, in fact, he loved learning new things and was never shy about it. Sometimes I would go to this relaxing sort of room they had in the hospital for the families, and he would lay down on a hammock, reading about sex or pleasure."

Rhett picked up one of the mugs on the tray "What else?"

"Well...that particular day was extremely hard, my grandpa could barely open his eyes."

"Hey, bunny," Sebastian smiled as he put his book down. The relaxation room was empty.

"Hey," my tone was weak as I leaned on the door behind me.

The man closed the book "What's wrong bunny?" he got up and changed the hammock for a loveseat.

My feet took me to the loveseat to sit beside him on my heels "My grandpa is not doing well," a deep sigh left my mouth as I took his right hand to play with his fingers "I don't think he'll make it through this month, Sebastian."

"You've been saying the same for four months, bunny," he softly replied. "You need to be positive; your grandpa hates negative people," Seb said, making me smile because he's right. "That's what I like to see, bunny," he pecked the back of my hand. "What do you say if we go read?" that's code for: Let's go fuck in the suite.

My smile widened "Let's go read, handsome."

"Then he took me to the suite and–" I heard a door being closed and raised an eyebrow. "Do you have a flat–"

"No," he spoke silently as he got up on his feet "stay her–"

The door of the bedroom opened and it was an older woman with a sleeping toddler in her arms "I found him and her! Oh she's gorgeous!"

My eyes darted to Rhett who was deeply blushing and giving me an 'I'm sorry' look "Mother, what are you doing here?"

Oh, so that's Rhett's mom. Fuck.

"Well, you weren't answering your phone and we were all worried so Katherine and I came to make sure you're okay and to get you so we can have breakfast as a family, at the house," the woman told, her eyes not moving from me.

"Let me see, mom!" another woman entered the bedroom; she's brunette like Rhett and dresses quite amazingly. "Golly, she's truly stunning."

"This is an invasion of privacy," Rhett stood in front of her sister, blocking her sight. "You both need to leave–"

"We are not leaving unless you're coming with us," his mother told.

"Rhett, you should go with them," I said. "I'll ask Andrew to take me back to my place, it should be tidy by now–"

"We also want you to come," the younger woman tilted to the right so her head was visible.

The man in the room immediately turned around "You don't have to come if–"

"No, I'll go," I cleared my throat. "It's about time I met your family, baby," he told me about what he had to tell his family so he could come to my rescue so I owe him one.