CHAPTER 4 - SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Start from the beginning

''Thanks for the help earlier.'' He gestured around and I noticed the half dispersed crowd still around the woman. 

''Thanks to you to.'' 

''It's dark. Do you want me to walk you home?'' He offered. He was kind of cute and hot at the same time. 

''No, no. Thanks for asking.'' I shook his hand and walked away, aware of his eyes on me.

********************************

''Ethan, you need some help with that?'' He was looking through a bunch of papers, tapping a pen on the table.

''No'' He seemed like he was in a really bad mood and I decided not to make it worse.

''Any problem with him?'' I whispered quietly to Martha and she shrugged in reply.

********************************

ETHAN POV

I was so pissed at her as I watched the video again and again. It was all over the internet with millions of views and irritating headlines like, 'Lovers save a child at one of the busiest street' and ''Couple fall in love after the heroic deed' at the picture of him touching her neck.

''Ace, find out who man is'' I ordered.

''Dude, do you know what time is it?'' He asked groggily.

''I don't care.''

''Wait, who?'' I hung up at his stupid question.

There was no way she has a boyfriend, right? I could not even picture her with another man. I would never allow that.

********************************************

''Jade, we have a meeting today. Get ready.'' She looked at me strangely.

''How come I didn't know that?''

''It's after the office hours. In a bar.''

''A bar? Name?''

''East Hunt. A personal meeting with the head of the Mechanical Kerby. I'm taking Ace with me.'' She looked at me doubtfully and nodded.

''You're wearing THAT to a bar?'' I almost yelled at her. She had a white crop top and a blue shorts with matching sneakers.

''Yeah, nothing wrong with it and off we go.'' I followed her towards the car.

***********************************

We were waiting for almost fifteen minutes in the VIP room. He still hadn't arrived. Jade looked around the place repeatedly and I was pretty sure she had the mapped it by now.

''Jade, why don't us get some drinks?'' Ace nodded towards the bartender.

She totally ignored him, ''Ethan, what was the name of the company?'' 

''Mechanical Kerby''

''And the head?''

''Thomas Fox''

''Cathy, check the history - Thomas fox of Mechanical Kerby'' She spoke, adjusting her air pods and walked towards the bartender. She spoke to him for a while and returned as quickly as she had gone.

''Hey, where's my drink?'' Ace demanded.

She leaned in closer to us and spoke in a low voice, ''Ethan, listen to me carefully. You were tricked into coming here. There is no such company and no leader had asked you out. It looks like the men in casual clothes have surrounded us. We need to wait patiently until I figure a way out, Okay?''

Before I could react, Ace panicked, ''What? You mean they're hear to attack us?''

''Maybe, yeah. There's nothing to fear.'' He snatched her air pods and spoke fast into it.

''Hey, whoever you are send some men here, Okay?''

''Give it to Jade'' A voice called out.

''Speak'' Jade ordered.

''Jade, we'll wait for you with a car on the backside of the bar. How long would you need?''

''Need for what?'' I asked in confusion and Jade grinned at me.

''15 minutes''

Thankyou guys!

Thankyou guys!