CHAPTER 4 - SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

JADE POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

JADE POV

''You! Stay back!'' I waved my hands in front of me, trying to shoo the big hairy dog anywhere away from me. It's not like I hate dogs. I love them but Tim was extremely hyper active. I can do nothing to control him.

''Get back, you... Aaah!'' I was pulled into the pool and we both made a huge splash, loud enough for Martha to come running to see what had happened. She burst out laughing at the scene and Ethan walked over to us and pulled me out of the pool.

''You know this is the second time you fell this week, right?'' He pulled me closer and wrapped a blanket around me, his eyes stopping at my neck for a second. I was 'offered' an extra job of taming this enormous husky since last two weeks and I haven't had peace since then.

I was nothing but annoyed. ''And who was the reason? Why can't you take care of Tim, if you can control him? At least, let Martha do it!''

He shrugged as if it has nothing to do with him, ''Tim asked for you.'' 

Tim shook the water off him, spraying Ethan on the way, earning a chuckle from me. That gained his attention. Oh no, not again!

I ran back into the house at a full speed, Martha and Ethan laughing in the background. Being a bodyguard was quite tough after all. Ethan seemed to have realised I was never going to give up, so we left for work together but still, I felt like he was shutting me out for some reason. He locks himself in his study and works till late night in the office. I never interfered his work knowing he wouldn't listen to me.

I put on a white T-shirt and camo pants, let my hair down my shoulders and made my way downstairs.

''Jade, you want something?'' She smiled my way politely.

''No thankyou, Martha. I'll take a walk.'' I put on my air pods with Taki Taki blasting at a full volume, failing to notice the things around me, until I was bumped into.

I was horrified when a little boy walked to the middle of a busy road all alone and the crowd's screams were heard louder than the music. I tired to run between the fast cars but another man beat me to it. He carried the wailing child in his arms and looked around for a way to get out of the road. I ran towards them and pushed him towards the right just as a car passed close to them and then it was his turn to save me. We pulled each other like that until we arrived at the edge and people dragged us in to the safer side. A woman grabbed the boy from his arms and wept hard, clutching him tight. 

The man stepped closer to me and his fingertips grazed my neck and I felt it burn slightly. He then mouthed something. 

''Sorry, I can't hear you.'' I reached up and took off my air pods.

''You're hurt. You okay?'' I touched the spot and realised that the tip of my pendant had scratched my neck lightly.

''Yeah, it's nothing.'' He gave me a smile and I noticed how tall he was, almost same the height as Michael. His sharp jaw moved sexily as he talked.

FORGOTTEN LOVEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें