Introductions brought to you by John B

JJ Maybank

"JJ Maybank, my best friend since the third grade. He is about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. He says that he is the best surfer but he and everyone else knows that Ophelia is actually the best surfer, though JJ comes in really close just behind her, just dont tell him that i said that. Mild kleptomaniac and future tax cheat. Also, totally obsessed with Ophelia Atkins, but he's to scared to admit that to anyone, including himself, but its my job as his best friend to know that the idiot is absolutely, totally in love with her"

Ophelia Atkins

"Ophelia, or as i like to call her, Oph. When she isnt surfing, doing something illegal with JJ or listening to pop punk music, shes looking after the pouges. Shes my best friend too and basically my sister, JJ and I met her when we were in 5th grade, a year 7 named Rafe Cameron was beating the two of us up and she stood up to him, and no matter how many times he hit her, she wouldnt back down and since that moment she became our best friend and JJ clearly liked her. Her mum died when she was 3, she doesnt talk about it but her dads a full on kook, great friends with Ward Cameron. But Ophelia rarely goes home, when i found out she usually just finds somewhere to crash or stays at an old friends house at nights, my house basically became her home and dad instantly loved her. Anyways, she is a total softy and wouldnt hurt a fly which is surprising due to the way she was brought up, but shes a total badass and loyal through and through. She takes care of the group and adores JJ more than anything, but like that idiot, she also wont admit it"

Kie

Kiara or Kie, When she isnt saving the turtles or listening to Marley or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. Im not really sure why though, and without Ophelia, i wouldnt be surprised if Kie left us to be honest. So shes a rich kid actually and unlike Oph, she gets on with her parents. Her family owns the wreck, this outer banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, im not really sure how her parents feel about us. I guess we all sort of have a thing for her, well besides JJ and Ophelia who dont have eyes for anyone else but each other"

Pope

And then theres Pope, the brains of the operation. Finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person that i know. Little bit of a weirdo. His father is this legendary character Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward would get it for you. Now im not sure Heyward knew what to make of his Oddball son, but it didnt matter. He was a pogue, just like the rest of us.

So, thats my crew.