Sanghoon

I wrote the first letters of their names on the paper. J,J,H,S. I started searching up those letters. I didn't find anything. I even mixed up the sequence, but still, nothing popped up. I sighed. It was a dumb idea.

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun asked. I look at him. "Nothing, I just had an idea, but it turned out wrong." I say. Jonghyun stood up and walked up to me. "Anything I can help with? What was your idea?" He asked.

"I thought about how since the looping of Jinhan, there haven't been any other loopings. So I thought what if the first letters of the names of the people that were looped give us a word that might be a hint of where your brother may be. 

But I was wrong. We, sadly enough, don't live in a mystery series in which people are being kidnapped with hints left behind." I say.

Jonghyun thought for a few seconds. "Wait, maybe you were right, but you don't need the first letters of their names. What about their positions in life?" He asked.

I widen my eyes. "Maybe you're right!" I say.

Hyunshik - ...

Jinhan - Detective

Jaeyong - mafia boss

Sanghoon - ...

"What are Hyunshik and Sanghoon?" I ask. "Maybe it's not only career." Jonghyun said. "That would make Sanghoon.... Jungkook's ex? And Hyunshik... I don't know. Thief? Criminal? What do you think?" I ask again.

"It has to be lately. Don't you think?" Jonghyun said. "Prisoner!" I exclaim.

Hyunshik - Prisoner

Jinhan - Detective

Jaeyong - Mafia boss

Sanghoon - Ex

"It gives: 'pdme' and 'mepd' and 'empd' and 'demp' and..." I say while writing them down. "And EPDM!" Jonghyun said.

"What's EPDM?" I ask.

"EPDM as a synthetic kind of rubber that's used for automotive parts and that kind of stuff. It originally comes from a plant. For all that I know, their company is based here in Seoul." Jonghyun said.

"This.... This might be a hint!" I say while taking the office phone and dialling Jungkook's number. 

"Hello?"

"Jungkook, it's me. Come to my office, now!" I say and hang up. It was a matter of minutes until Jungkook came.

"What's wrong?!" He asked worriedly. "We might have found something! Does Hangseon have anything to do with the EPDM company for rubber?" I ask.

"He does. He's the owner of the company. It's actually the only company he owns." Jungkook said. I gave him the paper. "The first letters of the status of the people that have been looped give EPDM." I say.

Jungkook looked at it for a few moments. "Do you seriously think I should believe this. Yeah, it's all coincidental, but we don't live in Riverdale, okay?

Hangseon isn't going to give us hints of where his victims are or who the next victim is going to be. Don't call me for this nonsense anymore." Jungkook said harshly while he crumpling the paper and throwing it in the garbage bin next to the door.

I sat down. I could cry. I was angry, frustrated and highly disappointed in Jungkook's behaviour. Jonghyun patted my shoulder. "Let's go." I say while standing up again. I heard Jonghyun following me.